Sign in to follow this  

Plane hits jetway in N.Y.

I wonder what it is with NWA and moving aircraft, just a year ago or so an A320 in LAS was being moved and hit ended up hitting a light pole and had a fair amount of damage. Than they had an aircraft in Memphis go threw the gate and another SAAB in Memphis roll into some type of drain area. Here is the story. http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/2003-0...ne-bridge_x.htm

stress, overworked maintenance staff, lack of training, carelessness.Luckily noone was hurt (apart from the maintenance people who caused it to happen and them only cuts and bruises) this time.But what if someone crosses onto a runway and is run into by an aircraft taking of or landing the next time?

But would this be an indication the whole NWA staff is overworked, stressed out, have a lack of training and are careless? I could see that if it happened in one spot but with it happening in three different locations I think should raise some questions. Because your right, next time innocent people may be involved.

Not necessarilly the entire staff, but maintenance workers at many locations indeed.There is little reason to believe that if they're overworked in 3 widely spaced locations that they won't be elsewhere (unless those other fields get far less traffic so they have little to do unless something goes wrong in the first place).Costcutting measures often have impact first and foremost on the people on the frontlines. They're the ones furthest removed from the management people in their ivory towers who make the decisions about staffing levels (nothing wrong about managers, there are good ones but many tend to loose sight of the man on the floor when they're in management long enough).Sometimes signals that things are going to go wrong are misread or ignored (either because it was the wrong signal or because there was little to be done).

I would be more likely to expect such a thing to happen where they have high traffic, such as MSP or DTW. But how often do airlines move planes around at hubs? I suppose they could be understaffed at the three locations it has happened, but why move an aircraft if you don