Sign in to follow this  
nuNce

FCOM Procedures

Hello there,I have a quick question about the FCOM manual that ships with the NGX. There are 3 different procedures for Takeoff, cruise, etc based on different Airworthiness Directives, Master Caution Systen Logic Change and Automatic Shutoff. After a bit of searching I could find out what AD stated for, altough it didn't help me choosing the right procedure for the 800. So, what do those different procedures mean?Thank you!

Center Tank fuel pumps, it sounds like, is your topic. There should be a few threads on that if you search.

Matt Cee

Hi,I came across that one, but it's not really what I was looking for. I'm trying to understand which procedures to choose and why.

Can you please reference the specific pages in FCOM so I can look it up? PMDG has already stated most important ADs that the NGX has or has not undergone.

FCOM Vol.1, pages N.21.51 to NP.21.65There are 9 different descent procedures, and I can't figure out which one to use. Actually I'm flying the Ryanair 737-800.Could you explain me which one is the right one, and possibly why?Thanks.

If you review them, you see that they depend on these factors:-method of operation of center tank fuel pumps - according to PMDG, "Alternate Method of Compliance (AMOC) to AD 2001-08-24 and AD 2002-24-51 for Airplanes with Master Caution System Logic Change and Automatic Shutoff" is to be used - that is, operate center fuel pumps, when low pressure light illuminates.-airplane has 3 channel autoland system - use if your NGX has one, probably not in Ryanair case.-airplane has IAN - use if installed.

Thank you!So, if i understand correctly:-normally one would use Alternate Method of Compliance (AMOC) to AD 2001-08-24 and AD 2002-24-51 for Airplanes with Master Caution System Logic Change and Automatic Shutoff-when more than one of those AMOC procedures is enlisted one should check on the FMC page if the additional feature being mentioned is installed-AMOC is just a different way of completing the non-AMOC procedures-fail operational autoland capability relates to a 3 channel autolanding systemIs that correct?

-when more than one of those AMOC procedures is enlisted one should check on the FMC page if the additional feature being mentioned is installed
Well, you should be able to tell about FAIL OP autoland by looking under the SYS button on the Engine Display Control Panel, C/R button is indicative of FAIL OP A/L capability. IAN I am not sure how you can definitely tell, but IIRC if there is no NPS on the ND, there is no IAN.Also, the difference in NPs with IAN installed is checking and verifying RNP, which is not applicable to NGX at this point anyway (there is no RNP definition in the current database format)
-AMOC is just a different way of completing the non-AMOC procedures
Yes. FYI I checked and Ryanair does use the procedure described in that AMOCnamely
Position the appropriate center tank fuel pump switch OFF when the pump LOW PRESSURE light illuminates

also with a note, that after resuming level flight, switches may be set to ON after lights extinguish. (must be set ON, if there is over 453kg in the tank)

-fail operational autoland capability relates to a 3 channel autolanding system
Yes.