Sign in to follow this  
jwk737

Viewing instruments on remote computer

Hi Johan

- Do the panels (recorders) show up in the recorders pane, assuming you do have undocked panels?
- When you select a recorder, does it show up in the preview pane, check "Live"?
- Does your fps drop already at this stage?

Yes to all

Always on top is disabled

- What do you see when pointing your browser to localhost:8737 from the fsx machine?
- What do you see when pointing your browser to <fsxmachine>:8737 from another machine (fsxmachine is either the name or an ipaddress)

Got it working with that port, I was using 8738 which comes as default with the viewer, maybe you misspelled it?

But still there is something I don't get it: How can you make the browser to refresh at 10 or 15Hz?

I think anything below that would give a laggy effect.

Regards.

Hi Lucs, port #8737 is used for the webserver, port #8738 is used for internal communication between the console, fsx and the viewers. The full url should indeed be http://<fsxmachine>:8737 where <fsxmachine> is either your fsx computer name or it's ip address (so e.g. http://pc-johan:8737 or http://192.168.1.14:8737)

Other people commented as well on the lack of a decent manual, it is top priority right now and I hope to finish it in the next few days.

The free version is a complete functional remote/web DCU, which coincides with a limited (mostly being single channel) evaluation version of the multi channel FSXSpy Pro package. I think 5 fps is enough for a DCU; you probably can't type any faster and the screen won't be updated with new info 5 times per second either. But I agree, it's sub-optimal. The pro version obviously doesn't has this limitation, but even then I think 5 fps is enough for a DCU. The PFD, ND and Eicas might need more, but there is no such thing as a free ride and since the cpu is the most limiting factor in fsx, one has to compromise between fps on the outside views and on the remote instruments.

Then the 50% fps drop which is unexpected and unacceptable. It has been extentively tested on i5/2.2Ghz and i7/3.4-4.7Ghz with resp. a GTX560 and a HD6870 where an average frame drop has been noted of 5 to 8% with 8 (!) instruments from the NGX. Your milage will vary but I would like to hear if more people are suffering from frame loss more than 10% and with what configuration

Thanks and Regards,

Johan

Hello Johan,

I have been successful in using 0.5.2 to 'cut out' portions of a panel window and display them elsewhere. I find that this is not possible anymore with version 1.0.3, with which the entire panel window must be broadcast, and not just a portion of it. Could you confirm that this is correct, and clarify whether this feature will be available on the multi-channel payware version.

Thanks,

Chakko.

Hello Johan,

I would really like to test FSX Spy but I don't seem to get a channel loaded or recorders working, the panels are undocked. The recorders do not show in the recorders pane and the live preview is blank.

DateTime Sender Level Message
11:24:52.3357174 a ᜄ Starting IPC server ...
11:24:52.3417178 a ᜅ IPC server started.
11:24:52.3427178 a ᜄ Starting HttpServer ...
11:24:52.3467180 a ᜅ HttpServer started.
11:24:52.3517183 a ᜄ Attaching process 'fsx'
11:24:53.4167792 a ᜅ Process=fsx id=12372 attached.
11:24:53.4227796 a ᜄ Starting WCF server ...
11:24:53.4227796 ᜄ ᜅ FSXSpyShared, Version=1.0.3.31592, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=17944d9fb11ff547
11:24:53.4307800 ᜀ ᜄ Connecting ...
11:24:53.4317801 a ᜅ WCF started.
11:24:53.4437808 ᜄ ᜄ Starting BroadcastService ...
11:24:53.4807829 ᜄ ᜅ BroadcastService started.
11:24:53.5007841 ᜀ ᜄ Reloading channels ...
11:24:53.5087845 ᜀ ᜅ 0 channels reloaded.
11:24:53.5157849 ᜄ ᜄ Installing CBTHooks ...
11:24:53.5157849 ᜀ ᜅ Connected.
11:24:53.5167850 ᜄ ᜅ CBTHooks installed in ti=16244

FSX%20Spy.jpg

Any suggestions?

regards

Paul

Paul Dumke

I tried this last night, and like Paul, couldn't get it to work. Then I remembered I use DX10, so swapped back to DX9 and it worked fine.

Good program, and agreat idea. Any chance of DX10 compatability?

Dave Garwood.

Then I remembered I use DX10, so swapped back to DX9 and it worked fine.

Thanks Dave, I also use DX10. +1 for DX10 compatibility please!

Paul Dumke

> Then I remembered I use DX10, so swapped back to DX9 and it worked fine.

> Any chance of DX10 compatability?

Thanks for filling me in on that. It's very specific for DX9 right now but DX10 shouldn't be a problem either, I will look into it when I finished the manual.

> Could you confirm that this is correct, and clarify whether this feature will be available on the multi-channel payware version.

Input source cropping will be implemented in the payware version like it was in 0.5 albeit slightly different but more flexible,

Regards,

Johan

Yes, it is pretty much optimized and stable now. I will do some last testing with the web dcu version and update the manual. Two more weeks maybe. You can pm me if you want an early notice.

Cheers,

Johan

Yes, it is available for a while already. Please visit www.fsxspy.com for more info, order info and downloads. Currently the forum is floaded with fake registrations, so please send me a pm also, so i can manually approve it.

Cheers,

Johan

mmm but don't you offer a demo or something?

I'm a bit scared about paying $35 considering the previous version you offered didn't work for me.

Thank you.

Hi, fsxspy has it's own forum now, maybe that is a better place. But if fsxspy doesn't work for you, you can always use the flight1's 30 days refund  policy.

hth

Johan

Hi Folks,

I've just started work again on constructing my home cockpit and I've enjoyed reading about fsxspy here in this thread. Unfortunately I've seen little posted about it elsewhere (including Johans support forum)? And there has been no follow up in the thread for five months. Are people happy with the latest version? Are people still using it? Is it too hard on FPS to be viable to use when opening 4 or 5 gauges on other monitors. It really looked like it had promise. And although it isn't as powerful or useful as some of the full blown cockpit software packages (ie: Prosim737, PM, etc) for $35 it looked like a promising alternative. I would welcome your comments about it. Thanks.

Regards,

Mark

i9-13900K @ 5.8Ghz / Asus TUF 4090 OC / 32 GB DDR 5 / Corsair 1000W PS /  Pimax Crystal / 2 SATA SSD / 2TB M2 SSD/ DOF Reality H3 motion platform/ Win 11