Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Clutch Cargo

Questions on adding a display just for gauges...

I have been happily building my little "simpit" with mostly Saitek and GoFlight moduls. But now I am entertaining the idea of placing a small display (9-10") where it can show either analog gauges or switch to "tubeliner" type displays. This way I don't need to refer to the VC display of an aircraft if I don't want to. Just starting to research what would be required. So a few, quick overview type questions:1. Would I require a 2nd PC for this display or can I just extend off my main PC?2. Could I drag-and-drop gauges onto the display or would I need custom software like Project Magenta?3. For 3rd party gauge software would that a special interface card be required or is it more of a USB plug-n-playThx for any input,Clutch

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

1. Dragging displays off your main PC will cause a FPS drop and depending on the plane, scenery, etc you can quickly find FS has become a slideshow.2.Yes you can drag and drop, external gauges are really for when you get serious.3. The Gauges are software, most are accessible via FSUIPC.