Sign in to follow this  
Peter James

What?!? can't collide with Birds, Deer or buildings?

I know it's a simulator and not a game, but I must say when landing on a road, I wished I could hit buildings... trees etc...it would really help out the realism of it all... and I used to think you could get damage from Deer and Birds too... but in the demo I have seen you can't...what gives?I just ordered the full version, looking forward to it, but still wish their where some great freeware planes with VC...yet, found none that rival any quality I have seen from the payware ads, not one right?

Making a VC is probably the most difficult part of making an aircraft for x plane. If you want some great freeware models with a VC, try...http://www.xplanefreeware.net/http://forums.xplanefreeware.net/forum/13-registry/They are considered the best freeware for X Plane.Haven't come across any birds in XP10 yet, but I can't imagine them not causing damage to the aircraft when you hit them. They did cause damage to the aircraft in XP9.

I've gotten bird strikes in XP10. It's pretty dramatic, actually.Deer, on the other hand, are disappointingly immaterial. They also show up in some of the oddest places, like airports in the middle of Los Angeles.

They also show up in some of the oddest places, like airports in the middle of Los Angeles.
They are searching for the passenger terminals.Or:Deer like to eat grass and there is plenty of nice green grass at those airports.

Have you ever hit a deer? Often times it kills the driver. So what the developer have done is simulate your death, is wiping out your x-plane installation. It does not get any more real than that.

Have you ever hit a deer? Often times it kills the driver. So what the developer have done is simulate your death, is wiping out your x-plane installation. It does not get any more real than that.
Yes, a year and a half ago. 65 mph on a motorcycle. It's a good thing, I wore my full face shield helmet that day. For that partial second, I thought it was the end.

Yes, a year and a half ago. 65 mph on a motorcycle. It's a good thing, I wore my full face shield helmet that day. For that partial second, I thought it was the end.
I know what you felt. I got broad sided by a car on my 72 harley. Luckily I did a hand-stand and got my legs out of the way. I flew 50 feet and landed on a 10 ft tall cactus. I also had a helmet on. They picked needles out of me for an hour. Those needles were in places you would not believe. I pulled so many muscles that I could not turn over in bed by myself for 2 weeks. This was in 73, and I never got back on a motorcycle after that. I was only 22 at the time so my age I believe had a lot to do with the survival.You are just too vulnerable.

It amazes me to see people riding motorcycles at highway speeds wearing t-shirt, shorts, and no helmet. That's just asking to die.

It amazes me to see people riding motorcycles at highway speeds wearing t-shirt, shorts, and no helmet. That's just asking to die.
I know. I was a "putter" on my bike i.e. "drove slow and defensively" and I see these folks on the crotch rockets and just cannot believe they do what they do.Bob