Sign in to follow this  
d53642

Voice

As said by Snurdly, but choose the device from the drop down at the top of the screen first.

Thanks guys. Been away for a bit, hence the slack time to reply.

Mike

It's a very good idea to remap the voice key if you use Steam. The mic can get stuck open if you bring up the Steam overlay (Shift+Tab).

(Alternatively, you can remap the Steam overlay! There's a similar conflict with the F12 key and the Top Down Map/Steam Screenshot functions.)

One thing we've noticed in the game is that the mic often picks things up before you start talking (it seems to use some kind of buffer), so try to avoid coughing or clearing your throat right before keying the mic.

OK, I'm in the same boat that d53642 was when he opened this thread. I have a headset and boom mike that works just fine in GFWL. It works just fine in TeamSpeak in digitalThemePark. I have all my privacy settings in xbox.live set to "Everyone" or whatever the wide-open setting is. I have the "Voice Chat: All" set to "Tab."

When I'm in multiplayer by myself, I speak while holding Tab down, but I don't see the voice status box in the lower left. When I'm in multiplayer with others, I speak while holding Tab down to ask if anybody can hear me, but nobody responds.

So.... Does absence of the voice display when I speak mean that I'm not voice chatting, or is everybody just ignoring me :-(.

I'm assuming I'm overlooking some minor thing, but I can't figure it out.

sigPicF8.jpg

OK, I'm in the same boat that d53642 was when he opened this thread. I have a headset and boom mike that works just fine in GFWL. It works just fine in TeamSpeak in digitalThemePark. I have all my privacy settings in xbox.live set to "Everyone" or whatever the wide-open setting is. I have the "Voice Chat: All" set to "Tab."

When I'm in multiplayer by myself, I speak while holding Tab down, but I don't see the voice status box in the lower left. When I'm in multiplayer with others, I speak while holding Tab down to ask if anybody can hear me, but nobody responds.

So.... Does absence of the voice display when I speak mean that I'm not voice chatting, or is everybody just ignoring me :-(.

I'm assuming I'm overlooking some minor thing, but I can't figure it out.

I don't see the voice status box either, but people can hear me. Within the game, hit <Home> and check your Games For Windows Live settings. You might need to adjust it there. I had to fiddle with mine a bit too before people could hear me.