Sign in to follow this  
d53642

Voice

Wondering how some of ya guys set the ingame voice to work so well.I can't get mine to work worth crap in GFWL but it works find on TS and Vent.Any tips would be great.

First: Go to settings for voice in GFW LIVE.Adjust activation threshold to minimum, playback and record to maximum.Adjust your microphone/recording settings in windows a bit higher.Assign the correct key for voice chat ingame.Should workEdit: Check your privacy options in your GFWL profile @ live.xbox.com. Should have Voice Chat open for all or something like that.

I think I figured out the problem. In Vent and TS I can put additional outbound mic boost where Flight doesn't have that option so I think I have figured out the problem. I have to turn my headset into a stanard mic for this game and use the sound through the TV. Did some tests last night nd it worked a lot better.

Thanks Heimi, that worked for me. Saved a lot of time there.

A question, before I get in trouble:Does the tab button simply turn the thing on and off, or is it press to talk, like the real thing?If it's on and off, how do you know it's on? Would hate to have it on at an inopportune moment!Mike

Tab is to talk to everyone. You have to press it whenever you want to speak.

Yah, but do you have to hold it down while speaking (like the transmit button), or press it to switch it on, and then again to switch it off? And how do you know when it's on?

I have a button on my saitek yoke with the ctrl +tab option for the voice on radio. Alot more realistic ..

Image removed as image is no longer available.

Me too... so I'll go back to my question: do you have to hold the button while you talk? If not, how do you know when it's off or on?

Yes it must be held downIt can be a pain when your doing something and you have to reach over to activate during a critical turn or something.

Hold down to talk. Release when finished. It acts as an intermittent switch instead of an on/off switch. You can also map voice to another key if it's easier for you.

Most flight sticks and yokes have more buttons than you can shake a stick at. And if you have an Cyborg or WOW MMO mouse there is many optionson that for you too.I would like to see a hands free setup like they use for the 360.

Mapping is done through In-Game...Options/Game Controls. Scroll down to "Voice Chat All". Mine was labled "Tab". Should be able to make it any key that's not in use in game. Click accept to save.You must be of an advanced age like me (lol). I remember watching the show Sky King as a kid on Sat. mornings.