Sign in to follow this  
Peter James

can you save custom key commands?

HI, I just ordered the CD set for the full version but want to save my custom key and joystick commands I've spent so much time doing ...to the full version when I get it. Where do I find this config to copy and save?

Hi Peter, there isn't a config you can save and copy, but there is this plugin http://forums.x-plan...&showfile=12551 that allows you to save custom assignments.Here's a bit from the author.SHORT DESCRIPTIONSave your axis and button and even field of view assignments per aircraft.Have as much as 3 sets of settings per aircraft if you wish and access each with just one button or key press.DESCRIPTIONI found myself reassigning buttons and axes once too often, so here is a solution.You can save and load 3 sets of assignments (buttons and axes and field of view) PER aircraft PLUS 3 global sets.NOTE: axes changes get recognized by X-Plane only if you visit the "Settings/Joystick/Axis" menu. Button assignements change immediately.WITH X-Plane 9.69 (first version I discovered it) AXES SEEM TO CHANGE IMMEDIATELY AS WELL. Imagine the possibilities!You can bind keys or buttons to barbarossa/xassign/... to load (or initial save) the sets.If a set is not existent and you try to load it, it gets created instead and you can load it from now on.SYSTEM REQUIREMENTSOS: LIN MAC WINX-Plane 9+Hope this helps...Glen

Gigabyte z590 UD - i5 11600k 4.9 GHz - 64gb 3600 MHz ram - RTX 3070 ti - multiple ssd - 34" 3440x1440 100 Hz Curved - Saitek Yoke Pedals Throttle Quadrant x2 - TM T16000m x2 Throttle - Win 11 Pro

I've raised a bug report on this matter. I've suggested that users have the ability to save buttons/axis to profiles, and have the ability to attach those profiles to aircraft. Maybe it's worth others raising a bug report on the matter....http://dev.x-plane.com/support/bugreport.html

Anthony, the plugin above does exactly what your looking for? Give it a try.Glen

Gigabyte z590 UD - i5 11600k 4.9 GHz - 64gb 3600 MHz ram - RTX 3070 ti - multiple ssd - 34" 3440x1440 100 Hz Curved - Saitek Yoke Pedals Throttle Quadrant x2 - TM T16000m x2 Throttle - Win 11 Pro

no, what I wanted was a way to save your keyboard assignments and save them... rather than having to redo them all over again ...rats!

And you can't do that with the plugin, what am I missing here? This plugin is how you save your keyboard assignments, and gives you the option to set them to specific aircraft. How much easier can it get than that, with the added functionality as a bonus. I'm obviously missing something here.Load a aircraft, set it the way you want, save it. Load another aircraft, set it up ,save it, and so on. Kind of like Fsuipc for FSX, only difference is this is free.Glen