Sign in to follow this  
Muskoka

Question about missing buildings / houses

Just wondering what triggers the building / drawing of houses along the edges of streets in XPX. You'll notice in the screen shot there are no houses lining the street, and there are a lot of places like this in XPX. Objects are set to extreme in my settings, so the scenery is quite full of buildings, just wondering why some "subdivisions" seem to be void of houses. Is there something the user can do to change this? Is it OSM related?Another good example, you can see the houses are on part of the street and then stop. The rest of the subdivision has no houses at all.Glen

Gigabyte z590 UD - i5 11600k 4.9 GHz - 64gb 3600 MHz ram - RTX 3070 ti - multiple ssd - 34" 3440x1440 100 Hz Curved - Saitek Yoke Pedals Throttle Quadrant x2 - TM T16000m x2 Throttle - Win 11 Pro

My guess would be that the street data is more current.i.e. the scenery generating program was probably run with slightly older OSM data.Off topic :-How's your system coping with XPX and are you running the full version or the demo ? I am considering putting together a custom built system, and looking for suggestions on components with a components budget incl. Win7 OS to around a grand !

It's going to be pretty tough to do for a grand.My system, built just over a year ago is listed in my signature. Now, I did build a complete system from the ground up, so you may not have to purchase everything as I did. The total cost of my system in February 2011, was $2091 Canadian, before taxes, minus the 3 monitors.It has no problem running XPX with most settings maxed out, no ai, no HDR. FPS are generally between the mid 20's to over a 100 if the skies are clear. This is running normally at a resolution of 4024x1024, or 3840x1024 with Bezel compensation off. If I run with only one monitor, 1280x1024, the fps never drop below 60'ish and then I can turn up the rest of the settings, like HDR at 4x quad renderer without a problem, but it's just too small a screen.Glen

Gigabyte z590 UD - i5 11600k 4.9 GHz - 64gb 3600 MHz ram - RTX 3070 ti - multiple ssd - 34" 3440x1440 100 Hz Curved - Saitek Yoke Pedals Throttle Quadrant x2 - TM T16000m x2 Throttle - Win 11 Pro