Sign in to follow this  
MrGreen

Hard Stutters

Hi.I read a thread a while ago where someone had problems with hard stutters (freeze for half a second - 1 second or so) on approach. I have had very good performance from the NGX after some initial tweaks but there is one airport that is still causing problems: Trondheim Vaernes X.I realize that this is the PMDG forum and not Aerosoft but I've already posted a thread on the Aerosoft forums a long time ago received no successful help, plus there are a lot of very competent individuals roaming around these forums so I usually like to go here for help :)Anyway, I'd just like to rule out whether this problem is on my side only or if others have similar issues on ENVA.To test I'd like if someone that owns the airport could do a LH circuit with the NGX on runway 09, for me the stutters are felt when turning and especially if i turn my viewpoint by 90+ degrees.Some extra information:I'm running autogen at very dense and water at 2xLow. Tweaks are the normal bojote ones with Texture_Max_Load at 4096. But even with a clean cfg and different nvidia inspector settings I still encounter the stuttering.Also fsuipc autosave is disabled.Thanks in advance

Some have reported turning off transparency AA stops this. I suspect it could be because certain scenery has a lot of alpha-test textures for fences, grass and when those load in it momentarily saturates the video card, which has to do a ton of work to AA them all.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Do you defrag your HDD often?

Like Ryan said. I had this problem and turning off transparency fixed it

Some have reported turning off transparency AA stops this. I suspect it could be because certain scenery has a lot of alpha-test textures for fences, grass and when those load in it momentarily saturates the video card, which has to do a ton of work to AA them all.

Ben: I have the OS/FSX running on a SSD, so no defragging :)Ryan: I'm running AA 8xS in nvidiainspector and when i checked the transparency settings Transparency Multisampling is disabled, and Transparency Supersampling is off/multisampling.Also when encountering these jerks I'm usually not 100% on the GPU and not even close to full VRAM usage in GPU-Z (500-600MB or so), but on the task manager CPU usage is hitting 100%, is this normal or can it be a CPU problem?

I wanted to make sure it wasn't my hardware that was causing the problems so i turned off my OC and turned my memory down to a lower value (1866, they are stock rated at 2133: 9-11-10-28-2t). I fired up the sim and did a circuit with both the default 738 and NGX: No stutters!One thing was different in the sim compared to my previous tests though, it was spring now instead of winter. I wanted to be 100% sure it wasn't a software/sim issue so I changed the season to winter and did another circuit: The stutters/freezes were back.Can something in the scenery winter textures cause these problems?I wanted to make sure it wasn't my hardware that was causing the problems so i turned off my OC and turned my memory down to a lower value (1866, they are stock rated at 2133: 9-11-10-28-2t). I fired up the sim and did a circuit with both the default 738 and NGX: No stutters!One thing was different in the sim compared to my previous tests though, it was spring now instead of winter. I wanted to be 100% sure it wasn't a software/sim issue so I changed the season to winter and did another circuit: The stutters/freezes were back.Can something in the scenery winter textures cause these problems?