Sign in to follow this  
Tabs

Tutorial #2 page 118 missing step

On page 118 of Tutorial #2, this section has a missing step - I'm pinning this here because it keeps coming up...• Press DEP ARR and select the LOWI ARRIVALS page.o Select Runway 08, which clears out the LOC/DMEEAST procedure. We’re doing this because we don’twant the missed approach procedure for runway 26 tobe in the FMC in the event of a go-around. This isn’tentirely realistic, but the Navigraph navdata does notcontain a procedure for the circle to land’s missedapproach.o Press LSK 3L to copy RW08 and then press LSK 1L toenter a direct to. Then enter the extended runwaycenterline course, 079 into the LSK 6R DIR INTC field.This sets up a magenta line to infinity along therunway’s centerline on the ND that can be used forsituational awareness during the turn to final.In between the second and third steps here it should say:o Press the LEGS button to return to the LEGS page, where we'll set up a direct to intercept course for the extended centerline.If you find any other errors/typos in the tutorial, post them here and I'll fix them for the next revision.

• Upvote 3

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

"In between the second and third steps here it should say:o Press the LEGS button to return to the LEGS page, where we'll set up a direct to intercept course for the extended centerlinestep 3 "....Then enter the extended runway centerline course 079 into the LSK 6R DIR INTC field..." Thanks to provide waht was missing in your tuto page 118.BTW, when doing this, have you got the DIR INTC field in the LSK6R ? From my side I haven't got any choice in the LSK6R. Can you please check ?

• Upvote 2

Hi,for me it's there.Jean-Louis, when you go back to the "Legs-Page" and put the "RWY08" on the top you will find it on LSK 6R.See the picture... 20120319_1.jpgBest regards,Matthias Forstner

Hi,don´t wanna be a nitpicker. It´s a really minor mistake on page 44/148. Big%20Grin.gifOur total alternate diversion route fuel requirement thus is:• 1000 lbs + 50 lbs + 2520 lbs = 3570 lbs alternate diversionroute fuel(453 kg + 23 kg + 1140 kg = 1616 lbs alternate diversionroute fuel)1616 kg instead of lbs.Kind regards

Martin Flecker

On page 118 of Tutorial #2, this section has a missing step - I'm pinning this here because it keeps coming up...• Press DEP ARR and select the LOWI ARRIVALS page.o Select Runway 08, which clears out the LOC/DMEEAST procedure. We’re doing this because we don’twant the missed approach procedure for runway 26 tobe in the FMC in the event of a go-around. This isn’tentirely realistic, but the Navigraph navdata does notcontain a procedure for the circle to land’s missedapproach.o Press LSK 3L to copy RW08 and then press LSK 1L toenter a direct to. Then enter the extended runwaycenterline course, 079 into the LSK 6R DIR INTC field.This sets up a magenta line to infinity along therunway’s centerline on the ND that can be used forsituational awareness during the turn to final.In between the second and third steps here it should say:o Press the LEGS button to return to the LEGS page, where we'll set up a direct to intercept course for the extended centerline.If you find any other errors/typos in the tutorial, post them here and I'll fix them for the next revision.
Not enough to subtract an egg, so I still give it 5 eggs.Here's a jpeg correction for those of you who are printing the tutorial. It's a rough solution till the revision.PMDGTut2RevPg118.jpg

Dennis Trawick

Screen Shot Forum Rules

AVSIMSignature_zpsed110b13.jpg

2 other typos:page 12 correctPress LSK 2L to connect GROUND POWER and LSK 4L to connect the AIR CONDITIONING UNIT.page 25 correctLine select the copied coordinates into LSK 4R.

Would just like to say thanks to all the guys who helped making tutorial 2. It was very well put together it really makes it easy to read quickly.As always PMDG thank you very much for your products and keep up the good work.

Hi Ryan,Nice Tutorial!Found a typo on page 0.00.90:IVLUT should lie along the PAM R- 106. This should read SPL R- 106 instead of PAM.The other thing has to do with the 'Sanity Check'. I think the IVLUT check you mentioned, isn't a 'sanity check'. You are checking a RNAV waypoint on the ND with a displayed Radial (106) that comes from a FMC Database VOR (SPL) on the ND. If the IVLUT RNAV waypoint is correctly coded then it will always have the SPL R-106 dead center through the IVLUT star icon on the ND, also if you have a map shift. You cannot check you FMC position on the ND with FMC data, they will always match up because they use the same FMC reference (IRS mix) position and database map.Still following me? :-) If you checked IVLUT with the RMI or the needles (raw data), not the line generated by the MCP course, on the ND you would have a 'sanity check'. At least that is what we do at the airline I am flying for. Could be different for the B737 because the one I fly in RL has not yet been announced by PMDG. ;-)Cheers, Frank

I have AIRAC cycle 1202 installed and ran into this as well, but before that I had trouble finding OEV18: My route had OEV19 instead! I just assumed it would be close enough. Also, I had a full set of STARs for LOWI.

Generally, these two tutorials are great, but sometimes my skill levels are mismatched. The Tutorial apologizes for going into detail on fuel calculations, but it contains large amounts of "verify this" and "set that". I don't mind the math, but kept using the pause button while I was searching for all those switches and buttons. Adding all the fixes (page 112 and onwards) is probably very useful if you know what you're doing. For me all those lines had me searching for "AB", because it was practically unreadable.

Sometimes my problem is not as much that I don't know what to do next. Rather, since the text doesn't always say WHY, I end up just pushing buttons without knowing what I just did. The "aha" moments tend to come from little remarks along the way that make me realize just what is happening. As an example of what I mean, try to use Tutorial 1 with the 747-400X. Some things have to be skipped, others just work slightly different. If you don't know why you are doing some things, you have no clue how to find the corresponding 747 buttons.

Cheers,

Bert Laverman

Bert Laverman

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg