Sign in to follow this  
cc1701a

MAMM'S SIM DC-3

Hello,I have been a mamm sims dc-3 owner for awhile now and have a question. I do repaints occasionally of the dc-3 when the need arises, and have recently noticed with the paint I am currently working on, that the passenger entrance/exit stairs of the passenger mamms dc-3 aircraft located right rear is on the wrong side of the aircraft. All of the photos and other dc-3's have the rear door on the left side. Is there a fix or update for this available, as I really like the estectics of the aircraft and would like to continue paints on this aircraft.

Richard, check out this clip:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=01vhkgeMWfY

At :22 it shows a Western Airlines DC-3, and at 2:05 it shows a United Mainliner. Both have their doors on the right side, so MAAM's passenger model is accurate, at least for those airlines.I'm not a DC-3 expert by any stretch, but many airlines flew converted military C-47s which had the doors on the left side.

Matt Smith

Prepar3D

Not all... United ordered its DC-3s with the right-hand door, and therein lies the dilemma for repainters. There is no "fix" for this issue. Granted, it's not accurate for most liveries, but this has not prevented dozens of repainters from producing scores of skins based on the model.

Bill Rambow

MAAM-SIM

www.maam.org

Thank you for your responces and answers, as it is appreciated.