Sign in to follow this  
jerryuscg

OpusFSX

I read the short artical on the Avsim forum about OPUSFSX (and maybe FS2004) but I do NOT understand just what this program does. I fly both FS2004 and FSX with a 15 month old top of the line computer. I use 3 (three) 26 inch monitors and have a satisfactory 30fps on FS2004 but I need more power (fps) when flying FSX. What would this program do for me? Plesae advise me if you know what this program does. Thanks jerrycwo4

From their website they say:"The Live View multi-screen networked display feature allows Flight Simulator X to be synchronized across multiple networked computer systems, including laptops."Does this mean that you can use MORE than one computer at a time to gain more power (FPS) for FSX? Anyone know? Thanks jerrycwo4

I think it is something like Wideview from Pete Downson...The one is regarding multi computers is called Multichannel which supported in P3D.

Would someone please give me a "link" to the site that lets you use MORE than one computer at a time to fly FS2004/FSX?. Thanks jerrycwo4

Would someone please give me a "link" to the site that lets you use MORE than one computer at a time to fly FS2004/FSX?. Thanks jerrycwo4
http://www.prepar3d.com/They support multi-channel, but you may want to ask in their forums for more information. Cheers

um, I don't think P3D was what the OP was looking for...

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

Yes it's not a new capability but OPUS seem to be providing the most hassle-free way of achieving it.

So Jerry, yes you could have your main FSX PC powering just the one monitor (thus boosting performance by around 50%), and then use 2 other PCs, with OPUS loaded (and they will both also require an installed copy of FSX too), to provide the other views. OPUS can be used for side views, independent to the main front view, so it's more versatile that just running a stretched front view, across 3 monitors.

We are not allowed to tell you about all the new and interesting additions to OpusFSX directly. May I refer you all to our latest press release here on Avsim and also to our own web site and Flight1 partner forum pages.

Regards

Steohen