Sign in to follow this  
jrocky

Search for Amelia Earhart Starts Again

Very interesting article!But I just saw her earlier this morning...http://www.9news.com/rss/story.aspx?storyid=71877 :lol:Alan p0504.gif

COSIMbanner_AVSIM3.jpg

Hot Dang! I think I want to go to Colorado :( Amelia has rison from the dead (and then some). If the Discovery Channel shoots it like they did 'Frozen Planet' it will look fantastic. Thing is, if they already found partial skelital remains why aren't they doing DNA tests or something already? Seems like they could already determine if it's her or not... maybe they already did and just want to make the announcement and show for the 75th anniversary.Clutch

Intel i9-12900KF, Asus Prime Z690-A MB, 64GB DDR5 6000 RAM, (3) SK hynix M.2 SSD (2TB ea.), 16TB Seagate HDD, EVGA GeForce 3080 Ti, Corsair iCUE H70i AIO Liquid Cooler, UHD/Blu-ray Player/Burner (still have lots of CDs, DVDs!)  Windows 10, (hold off for now on Win11),  EVGA 1300W PSU
Netgear 1Gbps modem & router, (3) 27" 1440 wrap-around displays
Full array of Saitek and GoFlight hardware for the cockpit

If the Discovery Channel shoots it like they did 'Frozen Planet' it will look fantastic
Ahem..it was the BBC's Natural History Unit that shot it (co-produced with Discovery Channel + Open University). Just thought I'd mention that.. :(

"Ahem..it was the BBC's Natural History Unit that shot it (co-produced with Discovery Channel + Open University). Just thought I'd mention that.."and they are superb at their craft.

Intel i9-12900KF, Asus Prime Z690-A MB, 64GB DDR5 6000 RAM, (3) SK hynix M.2 SSD (2TB ea.), 16TB Seagate HDD, EVGA GeForce 3080 Ti, Corsair iCUE H70i AIO Liquid Cooler, UHD/Blu-ray Player/Burner (still have lots of CDs, DVDs!)  Windows 10, (hold off for now on Win11),  EVGA 1300W PSU
Netgear 1Gbps modem & router, (3) 27" 1440 wrap-around displays
Full array of Saitek and GoFlight hardware for the cockpit

Hot Dang! I think I want to go to Colorado :( Amelia has rison from the dead (and then some).
And she's a pilot, too!

As I live in that part of the world, just south of that Island and traveled around the region.....This is a very small needle in a very large pile of hay.If she did make it to Nikumaroro then the best chance of finding the aircraft would be in that area. If it landed on or near the beach it would be broken up from storms and spread out over a large area by now. Searching for this plane at this point may be more like an archaeological dig under water, if it is even there.Would be fascinating if this theory is correct and they find that Electra.EDIT: Zach's theory maybe true but you would think the Japanese would have declassified that information by now, seeing as they lost the war with an unconditional surrender. That means the USA would have had access to any of those files if they still existed back in 1945, and Hillary Clinton wouldn't be funding this search if anything was there.Cheers

Matthew Kane

Starts again and will probably end like countless times before - with nothing concrete.I personally think this whole Nikumararo theory is a bunch of poppycock.To believe that she ended up there is to believe that somehow after frantically looking for Howland island, being in its direct vicinity and zigzagging through the area for over an hour suddenly she decided to fly straight across the ocean for another 3 hours while being short on fuel to start looking for yet another island. Give me a break. By the way the State Department in a carefully worded statement makes clear why they are lending hand - the 75-th anniversary is approaching and they like to pay a 'tribute' to Amelia and not because they think there is any new evidence or any credibility in the original premise.

I think it is as simple as they ran out of fuel somewhere over the South Pacific, didn't make it to any island, weren't picked up by the Japanese.Just two folks flying along in the South Pacific in an Electra and ran out of fuel, ditched at sea.Now try finding that Electra at the bottom of the ocean in the South Pacific.....Very difficult thing to find.

Matthew Kane

Yeah. With seriousness, they hit the water and if they weren't killed instantly, they drowned, were eaten by sharks, or marooned on an obscure island. Most likely reason: Fuel Starvation.

___________________________________________________________________________________

Zachary Waddell -- Caravan Driver --

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/zwaddell

Avsim ToS

Avsim Screenshot Rules