Sign in to follow this  
Naki@NZFF

PNW Airports

Wasn't going to buy anymore PNW airports but can't resist the temptation to buy one or two more. I have 3 airports (Israels' Farm, Concrete and Orcas).Darrington is a given but I was thinking about some others particularly Diamond Point. However since I have a low spec PC I dont want anything that would strain the resources more than Concrete (which runs okay to fine on my PC). Saw some comments about Jefferson being a rather nice airport. Harvey is another I might consider. Is the FPS for these three airports comparable to Concrete? I know hard to tell with different spec machines etc but just want some sort indication before buying. Are there must haves? ..or avoids?I've ruled out Skagit and Anacortes as they look like framrate hogs and I already get low FPS for that area without adding fancy airports.Thanks in advanceCheers

Stark's Twin Oaks. 7S3 and Walter Sutton's Private strip WA79. Go fetch!

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

I agree and you are correct stay away from the most recent airports, while they are very well done, they have loaded them up with all the bells and whistles and they will bring your rig to its knees. Jefferson is one that is particularly hard on frame rates. Harvey maybe ok but is also a hog compared to concrete.

Bryan Wallis aka "fltsimguy"

Maple Bay, British Columbia

Near CAM3

Thanks for answers..I wil cross Harvey and Jefferson off the list. How's Diamond Point then? Is that a framerate hog or similar to Concrete/Orcas? If Jefferson is a hog than I presume Fall City is too?Starks - never really thought about that one - I originally thought it was too far from my other detailed airports and the flying time was bit too much for my limited flying time I get (wife, kids blah blah - you know the story)...I guess Bowerman is not too far away now that is available.

Jefferson is one that is particularly hard on frame rates.
A dissenting opinon :-)Jefferson County is simply brilliant - too good to pass up. On my system it runs about on par with, to perhaps just below, Orcas - not perfect, but perfectly useable. Systems always differ to some extent, so as always YMMV. Probably will, in fact. Sorry, don't have Concrete so can't compare there.Anacortes? Can't run it, even with lots of stuff turned off. Looks great, but I can barely depart and certainly can't land, even with a minimalist config. It's the only Orbx airport I've purchased that I just can't use. Skagit is quite flyable for me and well worth having, but right on my system's performance edge.Scott

If Jefferson is a hog than I presume Fall City is too?
Fall City is about on a performance par with Jefferson and Orcas for me. Don't fly to/from there much, just because... I dunno. It just doesn't appeal as much as I thought it would, but then it all depends on what/how you fly. It's at the size edge for me, as I prefer complex singles and twins to low/slow STOL kinds of planes.
I guess Bowerman is not too far away now that is available.
Bowerman is also a must have and a no-brainer at the price. :-) Performs great, looks great and with its variety of instrument approaches is just about perfect for the kind of flying I like to do.Scott

Love the black eye Ron....who you upset now?

Arnie....if it ain't broke, don't fix it...

Stark's Twin Oaks. 7S3 and Walter Sutton's Private strip WA79. Go fetch!
The WA79+WA7M is one of my personal favorites also. :(

Thanks for the suggestions guys....in the end I've decided to get no more PNW airports (may change my mind again before the sale ends - after that defnitely not) .

With the current sale I decided to get NZSI..ironically this probably put the nail in coffin for any more PNW airports for me as I'm enjoying NZSI more, particularly since its my back yard. Struggling with FPS at the more detailed airports dosen't help either. Can't wait for NZNI now.....