Sign in to follow this  
FastCheetah702

Unable to load aerocaches

Hi, anyone have the same problem? I have not been able to load the aerocaches since day 1 of my career in Flight. Will see a msg " Unable to load aerocaches" every time I click on the aerocache hunt button.

This happens to me occasionally. Click on Back on the lower left and try again. Also, make sure you're connected to Live or you won't get aerocaches.Hook

Larry Hookins

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;

the little circle with the line through it to the right of the 'All Aerocaches' title in your screenshot means you're not connected to the Microsoft Flight servers.

the little circle with the line through it to the right of the 'All Aerocaches' title in your screenshot means you're not connected to the Microsoft Flight servers.
Or at any rate, you're not connected to the aerocache servers. They seem to be different. No idea why Flight wouldn't do the connection.Hook

Larry Hookins

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;

Or at any rate, you're not connected to the aerocache servers. They seem to be different. No idea why Flight wouldn't do the connection.
I was just quoting what it says when you hover over the icon, which is the same on the map screen as it is on the Aerocache screen :)

Indeed, the connection to Flight server is not active. However i am able to play in multiple player mode, thats weird isn't it?And this problem has been there since I started flying in Flight.

Indeed, the connection to Flight server is not active. However i am able to play in multiple player mode, thats weird isn't it?And this problem has been there since I started flying in Flight.
Firewall or router issue? DNS, even?

Hello together,

it's a long time gone but found anybody a solution for that problem?

It still happens :mad:

What's the matter with this microsoft flight server?

Best regards, rivasol

Hello together,

it's a long time gone but found anybody a solution for that problem?

It still happens :mad:

What's the matter with this microsoft flight server?

Best regards, rivasol

The Microsoft Flight servers have been shut down last year. If you still want to collect the aerocaches, you have to install stonelance's Flight Toolkit (http://www.avsim.com/topic/472611-flight-toolkit-1115/) that brings back the aerocache functionality.

Hello majuh,

thank you ver much, for that information. Do you know how to install it? In which folder, for instance.

rivasol

Hello majuh,

thank you ver much, for that information. Do you know how to install it? In which folder, for instance.

rivasol

You can simply install it into your usual Program Files folder, it automatically detects your Microsoft Flight installation. During the process it will ask you to choose a configuration; you have to choose Non-GfWL there for the aerocaches to work, but be aware that this removes the multiplayer functionality from your game.

Hello majuh,

unfortunately the installation is stopping with error code 0x80070643. I tried it adminstration rights and with compatibility mode (Windows 8 and 7 and XP), but in each case the intallation will not be finished. Same without antivirus program (Kaspersky Internet Security 2016).

Do yo have an idea fpr help?

Using Windows 10 Pro, 64-bit,

CPU Intel Core i7 4790K @ 4.00GHz, Haswell 22nm,

RAM 16,0GB Dual Kanal DDR3 @ 666MHz (9-9-9-24)

Motherboard MSI Z97S SLI Krait Edition (MS-7922)

Grafilc NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 (MSI)

Best regards, rivasol