Sign in to follow this  
Mattias Nordin

777 AND 747 2.0

Can't wait, i have the old 747 and i love it so a 747 with the quality of the ngx uff, i think ma wife will kill me :( and the 777 i was expecting it since CS released their exterior model so i guess i better wait for this one as i love the quality of the pmdg planes

Read a little joke on one site, made me think of here:A tower calls a 747: Airliner 747 heavy, traffic information, triple seven on your 2 o clock.the 747: Roger, have the light twin in sight...in conclusion: 747 forever! :)

I have to find a room for another rig as this is the time to get a new one for the upcoming B777 and B744v2.I have both FS9 and FSX on my not too bad system now, using airliner routes on FS9 and VFR stuff on FSX.But with the new stuff coming from PMDG, it has to be a new setup of FSX on a new rig.Looking forward on the release and your future projects.thanks,Kin M.(Klax)

Just found this interesting video of a walkaround the 747-8 intercontinental at the paris airshow 2011. It also has a tour round the cockpit and shows off some of the new display features. Just something to whet your appetite on the 747 V2

Read a little joke on one site, made me think of here:A tower calls a 747: Airliner 747 heavy, traffic information, triple seven on your 2 o clock.the 747: Roger, have the light twin in sight...in conclusion: 747 forever! :)
Hahaha

Alaister Kay

Dear PMDG team,with a significant number of airlines taking the B744s out of their fleets and many of these frames finding their second life as converted freighters, I'd appreciate a BCF model (extended upper deck with side cargo door) along with corresponding Door Synoptic Display.Thanks for considering in Version 2.Kind Regards,

I'm very interested to see the On screen check-lists which should be in it. Also if they created a ''Dummy'' Com (Company) page so we could do things like Position Reports, CPDLC etc. Not that they would even do anything within the sim but there to fill out for the fun of it would be cool :(
I am hoping they are able to model CPDLC, ACARS, Checklist, and Company pages as well or leave it available for 3rd party developers to work on. I just finished reading the FCTM/FCOM for the 777 & 787 and did not realize how in depth the interactive menus are on the EICAS and the CDU screens it's almost like a cockpit behind a cockpit. On the 787 I wondered where all the buttons and switches disappeared to on the overhead panel but they are located in the interactive menus. You can open and close breakers with a mouse click.......Thats absolutely astounding..Side Note: RSR was interviewed on FS Break (#96) before the NGX came out and one thing he had mentioned was looking into Dispatching I wonder if this is what they were talking about because this would take simming to a whole new level.

Thanks for sharing that video Ceri, really good watch!

Thanks, and a fellow welshman going by your WRU logo!, i live in swansea

Since I enjoy shorter flights rather than long ones due the eventless nature these birds, these two won't make it to my computer. I have to agree with some other posts on the fact that there are a few 747-400's and 777's to choose from.

Although these two are needed, there are other planes that haven't even got good freeware representations. The DC-8 and L1011 are such aircraft.

Kudos to PMDG for making them though though!

Which version of the 777 will PMDG I'm hoping for the 300ER and the 200LR

I'm hoping for existing customers, that it will be a paid update instead of having to purchase the whole plane separately. It would be even better if it was a free update, but this is highly unlikely.

Best,

Rob

There's an old saying that if something is free, you're not the customer, you're the product :P , but I'm pretty sure PMDG wouldn't do that to us. But honestly, I am happy to pay for it even if it is just an update of the, dare I say it, previous version. The way I see it, the more money PMDG gets off their sales, the longer they'll be around to keep us excited. And honestly, from not knowing about the 747 v2 at all until 15 minutes ago, I am really excited about it. I'm going to get the 777 in every version they release, but I will always be thrilled about anything related to the 747.