Sign in to follow this  
byork

FS2Crew NGX User Poll

FS2Crew NGX User Poll  

567 members have voted

1. 1. Which version of FS2Crew do you use?

• Button Control
    • Voice Control
    • I regularly alternate between both versions

Hah, I'm on my game this morning - 1st vote! :(

Regards,
Al Jordan | KCAE

I think it is best to maybe let users chose which version they want, I will never be using button, I am afriad, and you can see it popularity in the forum sub headings! :)

Alex Ridge

Join Fswakevortex here! YOUTUBE and FACEBOOK

I think it is best to maybe let users chose which version they want, I will never be using button, I am afriad, and you can see it popularity in the forum sub headings! :)
The amount of postings in the 'Button' version sub-forum isn't necessarily indicative of its popularity or usage.It could just be that the 'button' version is very, very easy to operate, and hardly requires any support.Voice, by its nature, is more complex, and more prone to requiring support.The reason behind this poll is actually to gauge the future of FS2Crew.It's very time consuming to create and support two separate versions, so we may need to focus on one type in the future.Problem with doing Voice only is that I potentially alienate a lot of users, especially those outside the Anglosphere.

Voice control all the way for me.But its easy for me to say as English is my only language and the Voice Recognition picks me up no worries.I do wish though, my FO and flight attendants could understand some of us Australian Language, such as ... "She'll be right m8" , "Bloody Hell", "Throw us a tinnie" , "Shrimps on the B.B.Q" and "Fair Dinkum" ! :LMAO:Top Notch Product, backed with Top Notch Service !!Keep up the great work!

Problem with doing Voice only is that I potentially alienate a lot of users, especially those outside the Anglosphere.
To my limited knowledge Bryan, All crews must be able to converse in English now.

Dave Taylor gb.png

Voice control all the way for me as well. Just seems more realistic being able to converse 'live' with the FO. I realize the need for the button version but IMHO the voice version is the way to go.

The amount of postings in the 'Button' version sub-forum isn't necessarily indicative of its popularity or usage.It could just be that the 'button' version is very, very easy to operate, and hardly requires any support.Voice, by its nature, is more complex, and more prone to requiring support.
A perfect sum up.

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

I only use the button version. I have my computer in the living room and the wife would get very annoyed if I sat talking to the computer. Plus it always makes me feels like when you see people in the car with hands free phones, it looks like they are talking to themselves.

if FS2Crew had been voice control only then I would not have bought it. I find the button version totally immersive and it's the same way with Radar Contact, which I also control with buttons. I have absolutely no wish to talk to my computer!As long as the button version for the NGX continues to be supported then I'm ok.Iain Smith

I have not used the Button version since you started producing the Voice, i am too lazy to push buttons, (joke) but i do realise it may be of advantage for Newbs to learn from, good stepping stone to the complex Voice.Rick

tpewpb-6.png

I haven't touched the button control version, i really dont see the point in it. Its bad enough we have to press buttons already at times, the more automation and voice control i can get the better, brings the whole sim to life and gives a greater sense of immersion.

I use button control for NGX. The reason is that I have Windows 7 home on this computer. Can´t change the language.I used voice on the 737 PIC, but I had windows 7 Ultimate so I could change language.I enjoyed the voice, it gives a higher realism, and as more and more function in FS add-ons is trigger by voice, it is good to get used to.

I haven't even used the button version yet.The voice version is everything I expected it to be.Many thanks. It's a great addition to the NGX.Peter