Sign in to follow this  
byork

FS2Crew NGX User Poll

FS2Crew NGX User Poll  

567 members have voted

1. 1. Which version of FS2Crew do you use?

• Button Control
    • Voice Control
    • I regularly alternate between both versions

I have this setup:FSX, ASE and TrackIR are running on the server, FSCommander, RadarContact and It'sYourPlane are running on the client PC. I voice-control RC with IYP so the mic is connected to the client. It's possible to use voice controlled FS2Crew in this setup. I would have to use a splitter cable for the mic (so I can connect it to both computers) and configure a microphone switch to switch between RC and FS2Crew via FSUIPC. However, I tried it and that didn't work well, so I'm using the button controlled version of FS2Crew (and, frankly, I don't like to talk all the time).I would appreciate it if you could continue to offer a button controlled version in the future.Andreas
Yes, just replace IYP with FS2Crew.Cheers,

The amount of postings in the 'Button' version sub-forum isn't necessarily indicative of its popularity or usage.It could just be that the 'button' version is very, very easy to operate, and hardly requires any support.Voice, by its nature, is more complex, and more prone to requiring support.The reason behind this poll is actually to gauge the future of FS2Crew.It's very time consuming to create and support two separate versions, so we may need to focus on one type in the future.Problem with doing Voice only is that I potentially alienate a lot of users, especially those outside the Anglosphere.
Bryan, I think it is a wonderful idea that you include both versions. Sometimes I don't feel like speaking and will just use the button version and sometimes I use the voice.

... I don't want continuing swapping between windows 7 languages...Andrea Buono - I
I recently observed a very nice strangeness on my 64bit Italian Win7 Home Premium SP1 "vistalized" system.VoxATC does actually require switching to English (it generates an error about missing dlls or similar) - and due to that I left out after the trial (actually to me is not switching to be annoying, but doing most of the "preflight" things and after then realizing you did not switched the language so have to reboot and restart again...).But FS2CREW voice for the NGX looks to not need the OS to be English! I already did 3 complete flights with no issues at all. Looks like fs2crew goes "directly" to the core dlls that are somewhere in my disk after "installing" and using English language at least once - with no regards to the current language (and - I guess - the "higher level" dlls voxATC looks for...).This has been a major surprise and improvemente for my experience with fs2crew & the ngx .. give it a try!

Marco Manieri

Perugia - Italy

169055.png

well i would USE ONLY the VOICE version, but doesnt work on my PC...at the moment button, but in future, with a new hardcore simmer pc :D of course voice

Yes, just replace IYP with FS2Crew.Cheers,
Hi, I just stumbled on to this answer and would like to know how fs2crew can talk to RC.If anyone could explain I would realy appreciate it.ThanksChris

I am currently only using the button version for two reasons, first I am new to both the PDMG 737 & FS2Crew and adding voice commands and the sometimes technical complications to the mix would make things difficult for me to learn. Secondly, I usually am watching sports or catching up on my DVR recordings while using flight simulator and having the TV on in the background usually does not work well when using a headset.Mike

Just want to say I hope this voting doesn't count against button control on future versions. Like others here, it suits me better and voice just isn't the kind of immersion I'm after.I think I can say with certainty that I wouldn't buy a voice only version. I think you have it exactly right now, where everyone wins, even if the software costs a little more in future - I think it's very reasonably priced at present, considering what it adds.

Hi Chris;FS2Crew cannot talk to RC. IYP can. It's just a question to interface the two to make it work which is a bit complicated.The mute key/button for FS2Crew has to double as PTT button for IYP/RC. For this you need a registered copy of FSUIPC.The procedure is described in the manuals on to IYP website.Cheers, Andreas

Regards,

Andreas Gutzwiller

Hi Farbrice,Why didn't Vistalizator work?If you run it in "Compatibility" mode it should work on your Win 7/Vista SP1 OS.Here's for hoping that Windows 8, as weird as it currently is, allows non-English users to set their Speech Recognizer to English without having to own Ultimate....
Hi Bryan,I don't know. I was able to get Windows and the VR engine in English, but for some reason, the VR was not able to understand a single word... (maybe my accent is less recognized on Win7 than on xp? :-))As said, I will maybe give another try, but I'm too busy using the two wonderful products that are the NGX and FS2crew... :)Fabrice

Fabrice Lambert

Only voice hare, never touched button!It would be good if you could split them up in future releases!

We have a lot of Europeans using Vistalizator successfully.
Ok, so there's hope for me. I will try again. As I just completely reinstalled my computer, maybe it will work. Thanks anyway for all your advices. That's what I call customer service!Fabrice

Fabrice Lambert

Love voice control, but I like having some of the things done with buttons and a voice over. For instance PA announcements and the departure brief I do with buttons.

I am using button control because I cannot get the voice control version to work in Windows 7. I had previously used System Mechanic and I suspect it destroyed the registry entries for windows speech recognition (although speech recognition works fine and I can train it for my voice). Only thing that happens when I start the voice control version is the voice button illuminates at startup then immediately goes out. I don't feel like doing a complete reinstall of Windows 7 on this machine. I cannot do an "upgrade install" to fix it either as I had previously run the Service Pack 1 cleanup tool. Since I cannot remove Service Pack 1, I cannot do an "upgrade" installation of Windows 7. At this point I am completely stuck with the button control version.