Sign in to follow this  
byork

FS2Crew NGX User Poll

FS2Crew NGX User Poll  

567 members have voted

1. 1. Which version of FS2Crew do you use?

• Button Control
    • Voice Control
    • I regularly alternate between both versions

I am using button control because I cannot get the voice control version to work in Windows 7. I had previously used System Mechanic and I suspect it destroyed the registry entries for windows speech recognition (although speech recognition works fine and I can train it for my voice). Only thing that happens when I start the voice control version is the voice button illuminates at startup then immediately goes out. I don't feel like doing a complete reinstall of Windows 7 on this machine. I cannot do an "upgrade install" to fix it either as I had previously run the Service Pack 1 cleanup tool. Since I cannot remove Service Pack 1, I cannot do an "upgrade" installation of Windows 7. At this point I am completely stuck with the button control version.
Correct, "System Mechanic" damages SAPI in some way. It's not just FS2Crew Voice that's taken out, it's any program that uses SAPI as well, like Vox ATC, etc.Why not just do a clean install of Win 7 to get everything working again?Voice is worth it in my view.Best,

Yay. Finally my "Honey Do" list is all complete, so now i can do something impotant like fly my 737NGX with my freshly purchased F.O. from Fs2Crew.Enabled "Voice Control Version" and right after posting this i will be reading the "Voice Control Version" manual ready to put my new partner in the right seat to work.Thanks for all your hard work Bryan.Regards,

Rick Hobbs

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Folks as a 30 year real life 737 pilot, I only use the button version. I have not had good luck with Windows speech recognition. Not to mention some background noises, etc. And, others seeing you talk to a computer, I don't see any realisum in it.FS2 Crew for the iFLY, and NGX, are excellent, nice job Bryan..JerryF

I have button control because I cant get the voice recognicion software to work. I have read forum post and microsoft guides and it just doesnt work by the effort of my skills.All the bestJens

Jens Michlas
Frederiksberg, Copenhagen
Denmark

I have button control because I cant get the voice recognicion software to work. I have read forum post and microsoft guides and it just doesnt work by the effort of my skills.All the bestJens
Do you have windows 7 ultimate ?

Yes I have w7 64 :hi:Is it because for the 64? :( Jens

Jens Michlas
Frederiksberg, Copenhagen
Denmark

Folks as a 30 year real life 737 pilot, I only use the button version.I have not had good luck with Windows speech recognition. Not to mention some background noises, etc. And, others seeing you talk to a computer, I don't see any realisum in it.FS2 Crew for the iFLY, and NGX, are excellent, nice job Bryan..JerryF
Jerry, Check your headset, maybe get a new one. USB are best.I'm assuming you're a native English speaker.Assuming your headset has no problems and you've run the voice training, you should easily be getting voice accuracy rates well over 90 percent, if not higher.Best,
Yes I have w7 64 :hi:Is it because for the 64? :( Jens
Hi Jens,If you have "Ultimate", you can download the English language pack via Windows Update.If not, you can try Vistalizator (www.froggie.sk).You'll probably need to run it in Windows compatibility mode.Note that Vistalizator will change your entire OS to English.Failing that, you can just stick to 'Button Control'.Best,

Sorry to hear some people are having troubles with that. The FS2Crew Voice installation is always straight forward here..

If you're able to get the "voice" to run, it will the the most rewarding moment of your flight sim career.

Regards,

Martin Martinov / VATSIM 1207931

I use the button control and would have to pass on future releases if only voice was offered.

Bruce

Bruce Bartlett

Frodo: "I wish none of this had happened." Gandalf: "So do all who live to see such times, but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

I started with the button control, and when I saw the captains responses listed in the window, next to the FO's challenges/prompts, I thought OH that will make Voice control a snap. I was surprised that when I switched to voice, that the window with the captains response was missing. I had to print out the responses, but I do enjoy the voice control.

Well fellow Captains :Loser:

The NGX version is the first FS2Crew I bought and I straight away whent to the Voice Version without even bothering about button control (enough buttons to press in the NGX anyway), I also needed to get a Windows 7 Ultimate to run the Voice version, but I must say It's worth the hassle of upgrading windows and training the VE.

Thanks for an immersion I never thought would be possible with a pc.

However...... the only Bug I found up to now is the Crew Call...... I Call, I order Coffee...... The FA comes to the Front.... I'm sure because I can hear hear....but I never get my coffee :Thinking:

regards

I would love the voice mode, but my windows (hungarian) just does not handle english voice over at all :( Still the button mode is more than great, and gives a new experience to my flights.