Sign in to follow this  
Rob Reev

NGX and P3D Version 1.3

After successfully installing and operating PMDG's NGX in P3D version 1.2, I deleted the file,installed Ver 1.3 and recopied the PMDG NGX files to the upgraded version. Now I am unable to load and execute the NGX files without error. Realair files still load and operate without problems. Has anyone successfully installed, loaded and operated the NGX in version 1.3?

After successfully installing and operating PMDG's NGX in P3D version 1.2, I deleted the file,installed Ver 1.3 and recopied the PMDG NGX files to the upgraded version. Now I am unable to load and execute the NGX files without error. Realair files still load and operate without problems. Has anyone successfully installed, loaded and operated the NGX in version 1.3?
Hi,i am waiting for my license to be reactivated, the biggest pain in the @r$e about Prepar3d. Unlike Microsoft you don't have the option of phoning a number to reactivate, you have to email them and when they are able to they will reactivate. For me I have been 2 days without. So, take care when you reinstall Windows because unless you email them in advance you will have to wait to be reactivated.that's my little rant, now, what you will need to do is copy the following folders with only the relevant PMDG tagged files to prepar3d main directory:EffectsFontsGaugesPMDGSimobjects (only PMDG aircraft folders)Sound (only PMDG related sounds)Next step,if you have uninstalled Prepar3d 1.2 you may have to recreate the dll.xml file in you appdata-roaming-lockheed martin-prepar3d folder and add the following lines: <Launch.Addon> <Name>PMDG HUD interface</Name> <Disabled>False</Disabled> <Path>PMDGDLLsPMDG_HUD_interface.dll</Path> <DllStartName>module_init</DllStartName> <DllStopName>module_deinit</DllStopName> </Launch.Addon> <Launch.Addon> <Name>PMDG Options</Name> <Disabled>False</Disabled> <Path>PMDGDLLsPMDGOptions.dll</Path> </Launch.Addon> <Launch.Addon> <Name>PMDG Events</Name> <Disabled>False</Disabled> <Path>PMDGDLLsPMDGEvents.dll</Path> </Launch.Addon> <Launch.Addon> <Name>PMDG Sounds</Name> <Disabled>False</Disabled> <Path>PMDGDLLsPMDGSounds.dll</Path> </Launch.Addon>If you have not reinstalled Windows or changed your hardware then this is all you should really have to do. Let me know how you get on.

Yes. It's runing fine. As Kelvin says, it's probably a missing exe.xml or dll.xml entry. Mien worked right off the bat, though I didn't have V1.2bestjake

JAKE EYRE
It's a small step from the sublime to the ridiculous...Napoleon Bonaparte
newSigBetaTeam.gif
lancairuk.jpg

Hi KevinThanks for the response. A bit of mystery here. Prior to the 1.3 upgrade, I backed up all applicable 1.2 PMDG files including the dll.XML file.Not sure what I did wrong last night ( perhaps one brew too many), but today I used those same files for a reinstall without error.Incidently, my FSX dll.XML file only shows the HUD entry and that is the only mod I made to the P3D XML file. Works fine.Where did your entries for options, events and sounds originate?Robert

Hi,Well, I'm unable to run PMDG's 737NGX 1.3. Keep getting the same fatal error, PMDG_737NGX.dll.

Former Beta Tester - (for a few companies) - As well as provide Regional Voice Set Recordings

Four-Intel I9/10900K | One-AMD-7950X3D | Three-Asus TUF 4090s | One-3090 | One-1080TI | Five-64GB DDR5 RAM 6000mhz | Five-Cosair 1300 P/S | Five-Pro900 2TB NVME        One-Eugenius ECS2512 / 2.5 GHz Switch | Five-Ice Giant Elite CPU Coolers | Three-75" 4K UHDTVs | One-24" 1080P Monitor | One-19" 1080P Monitor | One-Boeing 737NG Flight Deck

Hi,Well, I'm back up and running. I keep forgetting that I have to unplug my throttle quad and PFC yoke before I can load the PMDG 737NGX into P3D during the initial install. After the initial PMDG install and load up in P3D, everything works fine.

Former Beta Tester - (for a few companies) - As well as provide Regional Voice Set Recordings

Four-Intel I9/10900K | One-AMD-7950X3D | Three-Asus TUF 4090s | One-3090 | One-1080TI | Five-64GB DDR5 RAM 6000mhz | Five-Cosair 1300 P/S | Five-Pro900 2TB NVME        One-Eugenius ECS2512 / 2.5 GHz Switch | Five-Ice Giant Elite CPU Coolers | Three-75" 4K UHDTVs | One-24" 1080P Monitor | One-19" 1080P Monitor | One-Boeing 737NG Flight Deck

Hi,Well, I'm back up and running. I keep forgetting that I have to unplug my throttle quad and PFC yoke before I can load the PMDG 737NGX into P3D during the initial install. After the initial PMDG install and load up in P3D, everything works fine.
That's strange. You should send an email to PFC to notify them of this issue.

Hi,It's not a controller problem, it's a problem with either P3D and/or the PMDG 737NGX that needs to be sorted out. If it were the hardware I'd have the same problem with FSX, but I don't. I'm leaning toward the PMDG 737NGX as the problem, but since no support is offered, I had to find and work around the problem on my own. All other third party aircraft that I've installed, work fine without any unplugging of my hardware.Until support is offered for the PMDG 737NGX for P3D, I'll have to remember and use my fix/work-around.

So...... after installing v 1.3............... EVERYTING I had done in v 1.2 was gone!!!! ALL my added sceneries were gone, including ORBX and my add-on scereries, not to mention everything else, including my AI traffic, assignments to my SAITEK Yoke etc. etc. etc,In my opinion that is NOT acceptable when you update a program. Another thing is that they still haven't done anything about the problem not starting up in the "choose" mode, that is, I DON*T want to start with an aircraft/scenery loaded, that is also not acceptable.JJJ

JJJ, did it perhaaps overwrite your scenery.cfg and the sceneries are still there or did it delete them? (did you use SBSL to "port" ORBX or the reg tool to install locally to P3D?)bestjake

JAKE EYRE
newSigBetaTeam.gif
lancairuk.jpg

Reason I ask is that I installed some scenery manually yesterday, and today it's not in the list anymore..jake

JAKE EYRE
newSigBetaTeam.gif
lancairuk.jpg

Are you sure that the installer updated as opposed to uninstalled ver 1.2 and installed ver 1.3?

Hello! a part for some issues related to import addons like NGX to Prepar3d is the overall software stable no CTD or errors FSX style? im sure my PC can give me smooth experience with P3D. I just want to fly without fear CTD.

I want to buy it tomorrow and slowly move

thank you

Banner_FS2Crew_NGX_Driver.jpg

Jivan Moulandi

Hello! a part for some issues related to import addons like NGX to Prepar3d is the overall software stable no CTD or errors FSX style? im sure my PC can give me smooth experience with P3D. I just want to fly without fear CTD.

I want to buy it tomorrow and slowly move

thank you

I'm finding it to be very stable so far.