Sign in to follow this  
ArjenVdv

Please get this soundset right PMDG!

Hi Captains, and PMDG,After having read the forums yesterday, I couldn't have hoped for any better news except for that I must win the lottery to pay all this: my favourite aircraft, the Boeing 747-400, will finally be made by PMDG in NGX quality! Oh I'm so happy.I just love the 747-400, the cockpit, the four engines, just the entire look and power of the aircraft. But there's one thing I love the most, which is the sound of the General Electric (GE) CF6-80C2 engines! Oh boy! No offence, but the engine sounds in the previous PMDG 747 were not that great. Luckily you guys have seemed to become really good at soundsets, like in the 737NGX for example. But I was just wondering if you guys will be doing an entire new soundset for each engin of the 747, RR, PW and especially GE?! Or perhaps you guys think that the sound of the previous PMDG 747 are good enough for the V2.0 version? I don't know, it's not up to me so that's why I'm asking. :)Thanks in advance!Goosebumps:

C'mon, it's PMDG. The old 747 was made over 4 years ago. The progress made throught the years is very apparent, in all aspects. Don't take me wrong, but do you really think they'll pick the old soundset and put it in the new 747???

Matheus Mafra

Of course they'll definately do a better job on the soundset. But I was just asking just in case. Cuz I love the 747 GE engines so much! And of course it's very difficult to make three different soundsets for three different engines.

More than 4 years ago dude!!If you have the 747-8 expansion you can HEAR what PMDG have done! :)

Alex Ridge

Join Fswakevortex here! YOUTUBE and FACEBOOK

As I recall, the soundset in the old 744 was pretty good!

As I recall, the soundset in the old 744 was pretty good!
It sounded cool but it wasn't anything like the real thing. All three engines sound exactly the same except for the roar at full power maybe...Listen to that video, the old 744 doesn't sound anything like that...

It sounded cool but it wasn't anything like the real thing. All three engines sound exactly the same except for the roar at full power maybe...Listen to that video, the old 744 doesn't sound anything like that...
Good point... I'm sure with the improvements in the last few years they will do it justice.

Entirely new soundset being done, please don't worry about it.
Awesome Ryan!