Sign in to follow this  
Don Emerson

Crew deoors and jetway help

I don't get crew help with the doors or the jetway.On the CFG I have ASE (N) Doors (yes) Gate Dep (yes) Gate arrival (yes) ASIDE-X (yes)But no doors are closed and I have to release from the jetway with control J. Is there a trigger to get the crew to close the doors and remove the jetway?Cheers,Don

I believe you have to do the jetway yourself. Doors seem to be hit or miss with me - they close the cargo door but often leave the main cabin door open. But not always. It may have something to do with GSX for me, I don't know.-stefan

Hi Guys,Jetway: FS2Crew control it, but it only controls the FSX jetway only. I can't control GSX or AES, etc.In order for the Jetway to connect in FSX, you must be at a parking spot and wihin range of the Jetway. Otherwise it won't connect.Doors: FS2Crew should control them for you... but since people have AES and GSX, etc., all fighting over doors, it can possibly be hit or miss. If a door isn't closed properly, you can still control it via the FMC.Cheers,

GSX actually doesn't operate the jetway itself. It reminds you to do so yourself in fact. It also doesn't control the doors, but instead prompts you to do so. I'm not sure how AES works or how FS2Crew works with either.-stefan

AES controls the jetways, FS2 controls the doors. AES also had its own pushback crew and tug but you can choose to use the NGX pushback crew if you want. Tried GSX but it still leaves too many items that have to be controlled by the user. Also, AES will only work at 3rd party airports that have been "activated" through the use of a one time credit purchase. It's the way to go though in my opinion. Adds a lot of realism. Able to call out catering trucks, more realistic luggage vehicles, fuel trucks, boarding and deboarding (you can hear the FA'S and passengers in the cockpit), pushback tug, follow me vehicle on arrival and a marshaller upon gate arrival.

I still have a little conflict. I do not use either AES or CWS. When you get to the "before start procedure" you must have all doors closed so I use the FMC to close the doors. Then up comes the "before start checklist" when the crew reply is " the load sheet is ready and all passengers are boarded. ' This is when I would close all doors and remove the Jet way but the. doors were closed by me in the previous step. Oh well it all works out even without the doors and jet way not being automatically handled.. I love this program it is the best yet.Cheers and thanks for the responses,Don

Started from Yellowknife CYZF this morning. No Jetways so I opened the main door and opened the Airstairs to let the first officer do his walk around and let the passengers board. I have no way of knowing how I got on board, guess I levitated.Cheers,Don

i am embarrassed what I had been doing was to ask for the pre flight checklist when the FO said he was ready for the checklist not noticing that the countdown was at T+12. So that shorted the countdown . If you wait to T+1 low and behold the doors closed and the jetway moved to park. JUST A CAPT STUPID ERROR.Cheers everyone it all works,Don