Sign in to follow this  
fs_av

XPX or Prepar3d Academic ?

The academic license is explicitly intended for undergraduate students, so I just assumed like other academic software licenses that it required proof of eligibility. Perhaps I was mistaken, but I did clearly state that it was merely an assumption.
Reread that more carefully and less selectively. The precise words used are: Individual student use, K-12 and undergraduateYes, even kindergardeners are allowed to use the "Student" version. Note that Graduate students are excluded. They must use the "Professional" version.BTW, no one is carded or otherwise required to prove their student enrollment status when purchasing a license... :(

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

The implications of the new license are more for 3rd party developers than end users. I think it's best to leave it at that.

What's a better deal, XPX or the Prepar3D Academic with an eye towards the future ?How can one pass up on Prepar3d Academic at $50 vs XPX at $79 ?http://www.prepar3d....par3d-academic/Prepar3d Features
  • Virtual world with 40 high-detail cities and more than 24,900 airports
  • Environment includes highway, air and maritime vehicles and traffic
  • Realistic livestock and wild animals
  • Accurate topography with regionally appropriate textures
  • Modifiable real-time weather system, continuous time of day, seasons and a variety of lighting effects
  • Expandable library of vehicle models
  • Customizable, data driven graphics and models

Uses

• Classroom
  • Home
  • Educational programs, such as summer camps and after school programs

Price : $49.95

REALLY ????Is your LIFE that miserable that you can't find something more constructive to do with your time then troll on the XPX forum ??

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D, 6800XT, Ram - 32GB, 32" 4K Monitor, WIN 11, XP-12 !

Eric Escobar

REALLY ????Is your LIFE that miserable that you can't find something more constructive to do with your time then troll on the XPX forum ??
A pictures worth a 1000 words. Or at least -12 of them.fs_av.png :Whistle:I've never seen a negative reputation (especially one that bad) after just 6 weeks of joining avsim.

Am I alone in finding this thread weird. Is this guy (fs_av) a troll?Minos

No, and he is a troll, with nothing else to do. I'm actually enjoying aspects of MS Flight right now, but do you see me raving on about it here or in the MSFS or FS4 forums? Its just S%$# stirring, that's all it is. Insulting to the fans as well. He should be flying or talking to his many friends at his own forums..

strider1, GoranM, Minos, Simmo W, etc. and other X-plane diehards (and I used to be one) :Are you guys so devoid of any ideas that you have to resort to character attacks rather adding or countering the OP ?

strider1, GoranM, Minos, Simmo W, etc. and other X-plane diehards (and I used to be one) :Are you guys so devoid of any ideas that you have to resort to character attacks rather adding or countering the OP ?
The only character attacks I have seen are from you towards Austin and the LR team.If it bugs you that much, report us.

Ha, and you clearly didn't read my last post, I'm hardly a 'diehard', or else I wouldn't be frequenting the Flight forums POSITIVELY. I could troll it like you are doing here, poking fun at the (sometimes) silly looking clouds or ring collection games, but I'm willing to give it a chance. Just the same with Xplane. And I'd never waste my time to troll at the FSX forums. Both Xplane and Flight have a future, whereas FSX and P3D, without an iron lung and/or lobotomy, will die a slow, painful death of a thousand cuts.There, that feels better!

Both Xplane and Flight have a future, whereas FSX and P3D, without an iron lung and/or lobotomy, will die a slow, painful death of a thousand cuts.
Ultimately it it gives you some fun then it's not too bad, you dont always have to be where the future is going in the beginning. A lot of us spend $80 regularly on games so if a flight sim only lives 2/3 years that sure as heck beats the $80 per year upgrade for a lot of the FPS titles around.

We know we are not allowed to talk about the licensing so we may as well stop. What we do know is that the developers have given us the OK and the only people who are putting up opposition are the guys who have no intention of using it. You showed the license comparison page which shows what you are allowed to do with the license, it's clear from that you cannot use it for commercial use. The academic page says you can use it for classroom, home or educational programs. Anyway, my point was that you said how the license worked, compared it to how others worked and stated it would work the same. It doesn't work that way. You then went on to say XPX has the distinct advantage of being an 'actively developed' high end sim that you can continue to run in the future. You're directly implying p3d does not have this as well. If that doesn't tick all the FUD boxes I don't know what does.
That honestly wasn't my intent. As I said, I made some incorrect assumptions based on academic licenses for other software products.