Sign in to follow this  
Martin Harasimowicz

Buying the 600/700 Expansion Pack- Worth It?

Hi all,Just wondering what people think about the 600/700 pack.I've bought it and it's given much more enjoyment with the new flight models, certainly worth the upgrade for me.So for those of you who've bought it, was it worth it for you?

Being a Scandinavian user of ther NGX, the -600/700 was well worth buying as SAS operates these models.

For me the -600 is a firm favourite. I can get that little rocket in and out of most New Zealand airports easily. If you're operating in a similar environment with the majority of runways <1,500 metres it's a must have in my opinion.More broadly, it's not just a case of buying a few additional visual models, the inherent flying characteristics of each variant are noticeably different and you have to play a different strategy as PIC in each one.

Mark Adeane - NZWN
Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

i brought out of respect for pmdg also nice to fly the 600 occasionaly

Wayne such

Asus Hero Z690, Galax 3080 TI, I712700K, Kraken x72 CPU Cooled, 64 GIGS Corsair DDR5, 32 Inch 4K 

I bought it initially so that I could use John O'Duffy's lovely Air New Zealand livery (even though it's fictitious since ANZ don't operate this model). But I've also noticed that the '700 seems to be a bit less difficult to slow down than the '800 with winglets, which to me is a bonus. Furthermore, after having seen the AeroPresentation SAS Scandinavian cockpit DVDs recently, I would also be interested in flying the type in Johan Nordqvist's airspace in due course ! And finally, it only set me back by about NZ$33 AND I was on holiday so what the heck :(.

Cheers,
Emile Bax.

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Hi all,Just wondering what people think about the 600/700 pack.I've bought it and it's given much more enjoyment with the new flight models, certainly worth the upgrade for me.So for those of you who've bought it, was it worth it for you?
Yes it was.I regularly use both the aircraft of the -600/-700 expansion pack, but only the -800 model from the original package.

Dave P. Woycek

I'm quite partial to the -700. I love the way it looks and the way it flies. One of the things I love most about PMDG is that you aren't just paying for more exterior models. You're getting different aircraft. It's well worth the money.

Chris Hicks

I'm quite partial to the -700. I love the way it looks and the way it flies. One of the things I love most about PMDG is that you aren't just paying for more exterior models. You're getting different aircraft. It's well worth the money.
As am I, it's a wonderful little plane and that was a key motivator for me to just buy the whole series. I certainly love seeing that the spoilers make a difference in descent. :(Every time i'm in the cockpit, I look at all the little details and the depth of systems, and fall in love with the plane all over again.

To me, yes. If this was the main pack, i wouldn't even have bothered with the 800 and 900 :(

CASE: Louqe S1 MKIII CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4070 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

I love the -600 and -700, and is usually all I fly in regards to the 737.The -700 with the short field package can get in and out of almost anywhere.

Philip Manhart  :American Flag:

13.jpg

- "Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something." ~ Plato

Absolutely worth it. I'm partial to the 700 and 800 but like to fly them all.

+1. Also, the since I fly for Southwest Virtual, the -700 expansion was a no brainer. If you don't own the -600/-700, your definitely missing out; its almost as if you have a half a product missing. I love it.