Sign in to follow this  
MrBenevolent

Launch to menu?

Not being able to get to the menu first is just not logical. There are so many things that one may wish to do before the flight. If there is a logical reason for not allowing this (which there is not), I would surely like to a least hear at an attempt to make it logical . Has LM posted a reason for not doing this? This is no brainer. Have I lost touch with sanity?

Bob

Prepar3D's main use is in training simulators. Those do not need an UI so none is implemented and probably never will be.

Prepar3D's main use is in training simulators. Those do not need an UI so none is implemented and probably never will be.

Well I can understand to some degree if most of their user base falls into this category. One could say that we purchased P3D as a training tool. I just would like to see a little more flexibility.

Bob

Hello Keith,

I need a "little" help. I changed the .ini to show my P3D location in Program Files (86) -

I edited the line to show that my P3D saved flights are in Users\Name\Documents and Settings\Prepare3D\ Now what do I put here?

Thanks so much for your time in creating the program.

Have a blessed day. cthiggin

Tom

You need to have some saved flights (.FLT files) in the named location, then run P3DLaunch and you can chose which one to load.

You can create saved flights from within P3D, from the left-hand drop-down menu. There should be at least a default flight there (Mooney at Norfolk?).

I'm guessing this is Windows 7, which I haven't tested, but I'm sure others have, so you should be OK.

Ask again if still stuck

Cheers

Keith

Mine looks like this after seeing how John from LM setup his ini.. Works perfect. I'm on Windows 7 64 Ultimate.

[Program]
Folder=C:\Program Files (x86)\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D
Exe=Prepar3D.exe
Flights=C:\Users\styckx\Documents\Prepar3D Files

Only thing with Keiths program is beware of the changing aircraft pull down. I tried it and it corrupted the save.. No big deal but just an FYI though.

ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING / i9-9900k @ 4.7 all cores w/ NOCTUA NH-D15S / 2080ti / 32GB G.Skill 3200 RIPJAWS / 1TB Evo SSD / 500GB Evo SSD /  2x 3TB HDD / CORSAIR CRYSTAL 570X / IPSG 850W 80+ PLATINUM / Dual 4k Monitors 

Keith/stychx,

Ok - it's working now - I can get to the screen to choose flight (have 2 saved)

When I click on Launch I get an error window.

Run-time error "76":

Path not found

Here's my .ini.

[Program]

Folder=C:\Program Files (86)\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D

Exe=Prepar3D.exe

Flights=C:\Users\TOMXANTE\My Documents\Prepar3D Files

Your continued help would be appreciated. Thanks, Tom

Sorry Tom, you seem to have found a bug!

Its the spaces in your install path - I never install stuff to Program Files, but I can recreate your error by doing so.

Odd thing is its working for other people (eg John).

Will look a bit harder.

EDIT: No, I had my INI file wrong, spaces are OK after all.

Make sure you have the right disk specified - that was my problem, I put D shoul have been C..

However you probably only have a C drive?

Styckx, another bug, I'm using the folder name for the aircraft, need to dig into the Aircraft,cfg file.

It doesn't corrupt the FLT file, just need to change back to another aircraft, but will fix it ASAP.

Cheers,

Keith

Hello Keith,

Well, good and bad - glad you could replicate my error / bad that it doesn't work right now.

I have FSX on a dedicated Raptor on D: - so I put Prepar3D on C: - I normally, like you, would have put 3D on the root of C:, but I just blanked on it.

If you should come up with anything to resolve my error, please let me know. Thanks so much for your hard work and replies.

Have a blessed one. cthiggin

I like Keith's little startup program a lot, thanks again Keith!

But I like to share another way of starting with any saved flight file:

If you right-click on a xxxx.FLT file in the '\my documents\Prepar3D files' folder, you can choose 'open with...' from the menu, and by choosing 'Prepar3D.exe' (you have to browse to find it the first time) it will start with that FLT file instead of the default.

You could also make a 'menu' of shortcuts, each loading a different FLT flight.

Cheers

Keith