Sign in to follow this  
FS737Pilot

Vid 3, EFB in 777 and NGX

Robert has said that the team appreciates feedback. So I'm going to give some based on the latest video. Mainly, about the EFB in the 777 and NGX. I really just wanted to say, that as much as I would absolutely love to have the EFB in both aircraft, I'm worried that it could tax the aircraft's performance. Perhaps there would be a way for the team to allows us to enable it via the Aircraft equipment option in each aircraft. I know that seems obvious, but I'm just saying that I and likely severaly others would appreciate this option. If it doesn't tax the airplane that much, then I am allll for it!mitch bowman

The EFB has a on and off switch :(

Hi.I've just become an iPad-owner and if it's possible a middle option between no EFB at all or installed in the virtual cockpit, could be to have it on the iPad (for those who own one). Either as an app connected to FSX or as a 2D-display that you can slide over to the iPad as some people do today with the FMC.I greatly appreciate the clarity of the new iPad and it's really great for charts and it would be easier to glance on the iPad rather than having to zoom in on the EFB to read the chart during flight/taxi.Regardless of the future for the EFB I'm really looking forward for the 777.Best regardsStefan Hillblom

I think the EFB is not gonna be a big recourse hog. Ok, it does calculations, but it's not such a heavy recourse hog as VNAV and the FMC.

Its ok to have the efb in the 777 but the only problem i can see is that unless you can resize the pop up to max the viewing area, so your able to see whats in the charts without trying to squint or use a magnifying glass to read the information.

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

I would be satisfied with an EFB just containing the Performance Calculation part and perhaps Aircraft Manuals/QRH. I don't think charts are going to work when reading them from within the VC, and how are you going to stuff thousands of charts without sacrificing performance? Just stick with your charts (paper or software like nDAC) because i think it will challenging to solve that problem. So an EFB with the Performance Calculation would be fine. Maybe they better can invest in the MFD/EFB reporting METARs and such?

Regards,

Harm Swinkels

boeing-747-wings-pin-ztr6z.png

so, there are 2 post about the EFB and PMDG had not say if the 777 will come with the EFB as none had ask if it will or not, so i will ask, will the 777 come with a Electronc Flight Bag? There is Topcat and the 777 FMS to use for Performance Calculation, Aivlasoft and some others for EFB. So you decide.

I believe PMDG said that it will initially not come with one but they are considering doing one and if they decide to, they would release it separately afterwards. If they do then it will be compatible with the 777, NGX and 747v2 (as well as any other future product that may have it in RL).

Best regards, happy flying,

Wallace

The EFB won't even make it to the initial release. That's what PMDG is expecting. If they decide to move ahead with the development of the EFB, they'll release it in a future service pack for all the new-era PMDG planes (NGX, 777 and 747)

Matheus Mafra