Sign in to follow this  
jcomm

Well guys&gals... it's Bye for me....

It's useless and rather stupid from me to keep polling this Forum, just to express my disapointment with XPlane or read what's going on, if I amreally not interested in using it.Just as I did with almost all versions, including the only one I ever bought - v8 - I gave XPlane yet another try.I don't like it or at least it is not up to my expectations, and there is really no point keep posting why I don't like it,and even worse, going against the opinions of good people who are satisfied and happy with it.I wish you all great projects for XPlane10, and I think that Austin is a lucky guy having so much support from freeware/payware devs who make"miracles" with his simulator.All the best, and thank you for all your advice/comments/posts, and above all for your dedication to the xplane cause !

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

It's useless and rather stupid from me to keep polling this Forum, just to express my disapointment with XPlane or read what's going on, if I amreally not interested in using it.Just as I did with almost all versions, including the only one I ever bought - v8 - I gave XPlane yet another try.I don't like it or at least it is not up to my expectations, and there is really no point keep posting why I don't like it,and even worse, going against the opinions of good people who are satisfied and happy with it.I wish you all great projects for XPlane10, and I think that Austin is a lucky guy having so much support from freeware/payware devs who make"miracles" with his simulator.All the best, and thank you for all your advice/comments/posts, and above all for your dedication to the xplane cause !
May you find enjoyment in the software of your choice!Thank you for your honesty and common sense.I'm afraid it's something a few others are lacking.All the best!

Actually I don't count that as a loss I count it as a gain. Would be nice if we lose a few more I could mention.

I personally know 3 people (from work) who bought X-plane this month alone, But they dont post on Avsim or even have an account here. And yes, they are all enjoying it. Two have them have accumulated more XP addons than me! (so far)Rob

I have only been gone 1 hour since my last post and it has deteriorated into a big mess again.I just can't leave you guys alone anymore.Bob

Pretty soon there will be 4 of them and they can post stuff to each other and be in total agreement.
:( :LMAO:Ya know, Jim. I can name about 8 people who keep coming here that initiate the problems.You don't think there are other x plane forums where the vast majority of x plane users go to?Does it ever occur to you that there are only 1 or 2 x-plane developers that ever decide to post here at all?People want to enjoy talking about x plane. Not deal with people who keep complaining about it and making derogatory, sarcastic comments.

:( :LMAO:Ya know, Jim. I can name about 8 people who keep coming here that initiate the problems.You don't think there are other x plane forums where the vast majority of x plane users go to?Does it ever occur to you that there are only 1 or 2 x-plane developers that ever decide to post here at all?People want to enjoy talking about x plane. Not deal with people who keep complaining about it and making derogatory, sarcastic comments.
I think, and I am sure it is not true of everyone, but most that complain are really actually disappointed with x-plane. They were looking forward to something new. Something that could spark that interest and excitement that we all have experienced, because we love flight simulation. These comments that you see, are just masked disappointment I believe. I even find myself showing that on occasion. Look at MS Flight, they all wanted something that was going to blow their socks off. When they did not get that they threw rocks at it. Humans are funny animals.Bob

I think, and I am sure it is not true of everyone, but most that complain are really actually disappointed with x-plane. They were looking forward to something new. Something that could spark that interest and excitement that we all have experienced, because we love flight simulation. These comments that you see, are just masked disappointment I believe. I even find myself showing that on occasion. Look at MS Flight, they all wanted something that was going to blow their socks off. When they did not get that they threw rocks at it. Humans are funny animals.Bob
When it's said in a mature fashion, then you might find that most people are receptive and sympathetic to the users who were not satisfied. I saw no anger or retaliation towards Peter James at all. He tried it, didn't like it, and moved on.
Well you helped jc leave in this thread.
Actually, jc and I have struck up quite the friendship in PM. So I would appreciate it if you didn't make baseless assumptions.
You helped Paul leave in another.
Don't know who you're talking about.
So now you are left with alex and his whole 35 posts, you, Morton, Jason, Md, and Mountain. So maybe four should be 6. That is quite the following!
You forget the other 6000+ registered members (not including the lurkers) at x-pilot. And I know you're not talking about that forum because there are only 3 users banned from that site.
Ya, we all read about the fine atmosphere at another XP forum that if you don't constantly sing the praises of the almighty XP, you are banned. That sounds like a wonderful place to spend time!!Well, that's enough for sure!
Again, the org is not the center of the x plane universe. A little research goes a long way, Jim.

Pretty soon there will be 4 of them and they can post stuff to each other and be in total agreement.
bingo .. that was their goal the entire time :(

6000+ registered members maturely discussing x plane at x-pilot or 6 avsim members arguing with the same people at avsim?hmmmm...tough decision. What to do?Jim, will you be criticizing PMDG when they release their first x plane product (which has been confirmed, btw)? Will you question Robert Randazzo why he converted a PMDG add on for a flight sim with no seasons? No airport buildings?Why don't you ask him why he deletes the forum posts made by people who constantly criticize x plane?I guess he'll be down to those same 6 people, won't he?Have you been questioning Carenado about the same thing? :( :LMAO:You make me laugh!Time for a coffee.

6000+ registered members maturely discussing x plane at x-pilot
There may be 6000+......................but they don't seem to say much. I read those forums, just about every day.

There may be 6000+......................but they don't seem to say much. I read those forums, just about every day.
And just like you, they may choose not to post every day...or they may be content to just lurk and read the various posts once in a while. Even I don't make regular posts over there. And that's my stores forum. But I read at least half the threads there and will throw my hat into the ring once in a while.Even if 10% (and that's an extreme) of them make regular posts, that's 600+ members making forum posts.So...6? or 600?[sarcasm]STILL a tough decision![/sarcasm]

I think Jim should be banned from Avsim for his constant personal attacks on X-Plane and many other things.I have seen lots of guys banned for much less. (Must be well in !!)Fred.

I have seen lots of guys banned for much less.
+1

Windows 11 | Asus Z690-P D4 | i7 12700KF 5.2GHz | 32GB G.Skill (XMP II) | EVGA 3060Ti FTW Ultra | TrackIr v5 | Honeycomb Alfa + Bravo