Sign in to follow this  
Kyle94

Red X on PFD of NGX

Today I wanted to do a flight but I noticed that a red X appears on the PFD, I know it appears when you press the test button on the TCAS but I didn't press the button and it is like that on every one of the 737s I tried everything to get it off but I can't seem to figure out what went wrong can some please help me with this.7030259387_5fa2a2c648_z.jpg

Kyle Richardson

✈✈ F L Y D E L T A J E T S ✈✈

Looks like u had conflicting traffic coming your way

Mattias Nordgren   

fs2crew777.jpg

PRO-ATCX BETA TEAM

Looks like u had conflicting traffic coming your way
No its not that It happens on the ground also.

Kyle Richardson

Hello, Your question is a bit ambiguous, you start off by saying "I wanted to do a flight" but your screenshot shows you are in flight at 35000ft and your ND shows a flight route. Without knowing the answer to the red cross I would suggest you inadvertantly did something without knowing that caused this. Cant say any more. richard welsh.

Then im not sure why this happens. :(

Mattias Nordgren   

fs2crew777.jpg

PRO-ATCX BETA TEAM

Hello, Your question is a bit ambiguous, you start off by saying "I wanted to do a flight" but your screenshot shows you are in flight at 35000ft and your ND shows a flight route. Without knowing the answer to the red cross I would suggest you inadvertantly did something without knowing that caused this. Cant say any more. richard welsh.
The reason I still did the flight was because it did not affect the navigation or anything like that it just appeared and wont go away.

Kyle Richardson

These are TCAS RA symbology... I wonder why it's stuck on for you... Did re-loading the aircraft solve this?
Nope I also tried restarting my computer but nothing worked so far.

Kyle Richardson

Hmm... That is very odd. Is your TCAS even on?
Yes its on TA/RA even when I turn it off the X is still there and when press the test button the four icons that usually show up on the NAV display don't show up anymore.

Kyle Richardson

Yes its on TA/RA even when I turn it off the X is still there and when press the test button the four icons that usually show up on the NAV display don't show up anymore.
Interesting... Have you tried running the repair part of the NGX installer?

Thanks!
Nick Crate
Chief Executive Officer
FedEx Virtual Air Cargo

Maybe try loading a new panel state through the FMC? I would load cold and dark and then pre-set one. Maybe its just a glitch when there was a plane near you.

I had a similar problem too.Have you by any chance made edits to the panel.cfg of the aircraft ?I did at one point to move my FSAcars window around, and by accident deleted a section in the panel.cfg that was branded as "logic" or something alike. It's one of the last gauges in the list.So be careful, there are references in the panel.cfg file to "logic gauges" which should NOT be touched or altered at all, or your PFD (and probably other things) will go bananas.Have a look at this topic I started back then, and especially the last post were I explain the solution with the panel.cfg in more details:http://forum.avsim.net/topic/356821-red-marking-on-pfd-what-does-it-mean

Mathieu Souphy

I am having the same problem, but only in P3D V2, in FSX it was not seen. I have only p3D on my system now I have done a complete reinstall after cleaning all traces of the PMDG 737 a couple of times and the problem still persists. Guess will have to wait for the PMDG 737 for P3D V2 to come out!

Same issue here. Like Richard, this just started happening with Prepar3D v2. I didn't have the issue in v1. It doesn't seem to adversely affect the operation of the aircraft, but it would be nice to get it figured out.