Sign in to follow this  
Kyle94

Red X on PFD of NGX

It happens in P3D v2 because NGX isn't supported for P3D v2 (or v1 for that matter).

I read somewhere, that the red cross in the PFD indicates, that the NGX is in some sort of 'test-mode'... 

I would try to uninstall the PMDG NGX and remove ALL traces of it - then reinstall it...

If that doesn't help, submit a ticket to PMDG... :)

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

Not officially supported perhaps, but it's certainly compatible. I've been flying with it without a problem since Prepar3D first came out.

I'll mess around with it some more and do a clean install as Anders suggests. I'll report back if I figure anything out.

Guest JustanotherPilot

Today I wanted to do a flight but I noticed that a red X appears on the PFD, I know it appears when you press the test button on the TCAS but I didn't press the button and it is like that on every one of the 737s I tried everything to get it off but I can't seem to figure out what went wrong can some please help me with this.7030259387_5fa2a2c648_z.jpg

If you do a google on this you will find that it occurs when installed in P3D, there needs to be a dll file/entry and registry entry to remove it. Some user's have had success most haven't, PMDG make mention on their website that it is not licensed for P3D and is in breach of the EULA that comes with the product.

Hello all!

I found a solution on Youtube.

After loading the aircraft and the airport from witch you want to start (just after clicking OK), you just have to click on the square beside the cross on the upper right corner of the screen in order to get P3D windows in normak size while loading.

After that, you will see the 737 PFD without any red bar and then you will be able to get the P3D window in full screen size. B)