Sign in to follow this  
IAmThWlfMan

Anyone tried XPX on a NVidia 680 yet?

I see all the questions about FSX (which i still love) however i recently bought XPX and i am looking to build a new system.. With XP is more aimed at the video card than the CPU, does anyone know what XPX looks like on a 680?? What are your FPS running??

Thanks

Hey I would say that XPX would look stunning on that card

My FPS is around 25-30 with max settings but no HDR / Clouds / water effects , car traffic will eat cpu and AI traffic will eat CPU/GPU/bus bandwidth. So would the clouds which will again eat the GPU.

The 680 should manage everything perfectly because on my 6750 I can keep clouds to some extent but not always.

Can you post your system details ?

Ryzen 5 1600x - 16GB DDR4 - RTX 3050 8GB - MSI Gaming Plus

Have yet to build it.. Still looking at combinations and reading reviews ect.. I do know some things for sure, i am strongly leaning towards an Intel setup.. Although more expesive than AMD, i know the reviews have been stronger with the Intel's vs the AMD's.. I am looking at an I7 2700K, not 100% sure on the MOBO yet.. I have a couple of ASUS boards with PCIe 3.0 that look good, i have also used MSI in the past, reccomendations?? I will for sure be going with 16gb of memory and a OCZ SATA III 240gb SSD.. Beleive i will just run my old 8800GTX video cards (for a month or two) while i wait for the 680's to become more widley available..

If the above doesnt look good, i am always up for suggestions..

i7 would be perfect, 8 GB is good you can upgrade later to 16GB . I think p68 is a good board.

Yes AMD will not give IPC as good as Intel's

Ryzen 5 1600x - 16GB DDR4 - RTX 3050 8GB - MSI Gaming Plus