Sign in to follow this  
andalusi

What do you think about this...?

Hello Bryan and FS2CREW users,

I take at least one flight a day since FS2CREW is released for NGX.

In this time period I discover that running the checklists over and over become very boring, because nothing changed.

Because all switches and buttons are in the same position like the flight yesterday and tomorrow.

So, what do you think to add some miracle to FS2CREW who switched some necessary switches and buttons to a wrong position.

In this particular case you MUST really check all the checklist items carefully, otherwise you will run in serious trouble later in flight.

I hope you understand what I was trying to explain.

Keep the good work up!

I think that this is a very unrealistic request. Checklists, flows, procedures, that's what it's all about in real life. Trying to avoid problems by standardization and repetition. In all my (both IRL and Sim) flights I've always used checklists and I never got/get bored of flying. I do sometimes wonder why I don't use a checklist when I drive my car :-).

Just my 2 cents ...

Herman Nienhuis

Banner_FS2Crew_NGX_Driver.jpg

In this time period I discover that running the checklists over and over become very boring, because nothing changed.

Because all switches and buttons are in the same position like the flight yesterday and tomorrow.

Welcome to airline flying!

Seems to you don't understand me!

In real-life crew's changed, so you have to confirm every switch is setup properly.

In FSX I load my cold'n'dark panel state with no change.

Here a small example:

The preflight checklist says:

INSTRUMENT XFER & DISPLAY SWITCH . . . . . . . . . . . . NORMAL, AUTO

In real-life it can change because the previous crew may turned these switches.

In FSX I KNOW nothing has changed because I load my panel state like every day.

Hope you get it now!

So, what do you think to add some miracle to FS2CREW who switched some necessary switches and buttons to a wrong position.

In this particular case you MUST really check all the checklist items carefully, otherwise you will run in serious trouble later in flight.

Keep the good work up!

I think that would be really cool…like the optional random equipment fault s...adds a little diversity!

The FO's switches will always be in the correct position since he does actually 'look' at them in the game. Your flows is the only one there can be discrepancies with and even then the FO should pick up if there is a mistake, so essentially you do not really have to look at them to check the correct position.

Like someone said already, welcome to airline flying, it's very ver repetitive and boring until the day things start to go wrong. Until FS2C supports emergencies this utopia will have to wait.

Keep the good work up!

This is an unrealistic request in my opinion, we operate with standardized procedures and they should be in the same position. In the event of equipment faults there's a lot more going on than a switch being in a different position, it involves the QRH, MEL and a whole other set of checklists assuming the aircraft is still serviceable. I made sure that if you encounter any failures in the ngx you'd be able to handle it because there's a voice command for almost every switch so no worries about that. At any rate there's a special version of fs2crew for failures so stay tuned :Party: You can still get your QRH out in this version and give the voice commands an failures a go.

How is it with random events in general in FS2Crew.

In the ones for the 767, you could get a bird strike, and I think you could get a sick pax as well.

Is any of this implemented is the NGX?

I think what Andreas means , if I may, is that even in the structured routine of airline flying it may be possible, however remote, that the FO misses flipping a switch or setting an instrument during his/her flow. Knowing there is a coded chance of this occuring would add a degree of realism to the process. After all, we are all human.

cheers

greg

I get where Andreas is coming from, would be nice if the FO had a little more personality, things like the comment the captain makes when you'll be using max autobrake are good. More of them please!