Sign in to follow this  
Lude2Envy

2 Questions

I tried to do a search for both of these questions without any success so if they've already been answered I apologize. The first question is regarding the view in the 2D cockpit for both the NGX and the MD-11. The view out the window looks straight at the ground. I zoom out all the way so I can see further down the runway but it makes everything look very distant at the same time. Is there any way to change the view?

The second question is regarding the force-feedback on my sidewinder joystick. When I'm taxiing with the MD-11 I get no feedback, which is fine. But when I taxi with the NGX the stick is shaking all over the place - I assume to simulate bumps in the pavement but the feedback is being overly exaggerated. Since it doesn't happen with the MD-11 I'm assuming it has something to do with the airplane itself and not Windows. Does anyone know how to turn this off?

Thanks for the help!

I found that the look at the ground in 2D panel is more likely then not connected to EZCA software. Solution: disable EZCA via Addon menu option, and reset viewpoint, I think by default the key combination is Ctrl+Spacebar.

Force feedback is a difficult topic. Too many times it is simulated incorrectly... I can not comment on it though, no force feedback stuff for me here...

The force feed back, you can go into FSX settings, "Controls", the tab on the top that says "Forces", and uncheck the box that says "Ground surfaces"

I can suggest you the FSforce program wich adds your personal force feedback profile to all your aircrafts, 737 included. For light aircraft equipped with a normal trim tab, fs force can be used to re-center the joy.

I don't know either the MD11 FF forces, neither how strong are on your joy (I have the same joystick, but I find them pretty good, also without FSforce).

FS force will give you also centering forces, you can personalize them, and if you decide to use it, I'll help you for the settings.

Regards

Andrea Daviero

View problem is the result of not reading the intro manual - you need WideViewAspect=True set in your fsx.cfg if using a widescreen monitor or you need to install the modified 4:3 panel cfg if you don't have a widescreen one.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

The second question is regarding the force-feedback on my sidewinder joystick. When I'm taxiing with the MD-11 I get no feedback, which is fine. But when I taxi with the NGX the stick is shaking all over the place - I assume to simulate bumps in the pavement but the feedback is being overly exaggerated. Since it doesn't happen with the MD-11 I'm assuming it has something to do with the airplane itself and not Windows. Does anyone know how to turn this off?

Thanks for the help!

(1) Have you tried turning it OFF in FSX, either totally, or just for the areas that you do not like.

Top menu: Options - Settings - Controls - Forces

(2) Try altering Forces in your FF Joystick's setup and calibration software

(Sidewinder Game Controler Software 4.0)

(3) You might also be able to add some Feedback modification parameters to the 737's "aircraft.cfg" file.

This (if it works for the PMDG 737 ??) would give you pretty precise control, to make your FF Joystick, act in a way, and with magnitude of forces, that best work with your particular joystick. ( Each make of FF Joystick act differently :Hypnotized: )

ie .. something similar to

[forcefeedback]
stick_shaker_magnitude=5000			 ; 0 - 10000
stick_shaker_direction=0				; 0 - 35999 degrees
stick_shaker_period=111111			  ; in microseconds
gear_bump_nose_magnitude=3000		   ; 0 - 10000
gear_bump_nose_direction=18000		  ; 0 - 35999 degrees
gear_bump_nose_duration=250000		  ; in microseconds
gear_bump_left_magnitude=2700		   ; 0 - 10000
gear_bump_left_direction=9000		   ; 0 - 35999 degrees
gear_bump_left_duration=250000		  ; in microseconds
gear_bump_right_magnitude=2700		  ; 0 - 10000
gear_bump_right_direction=27000		 ; 0 - 35999 degrees
gear_bump_right_duration=250000		 ; in microseconds
ground_bumps_magnitude1=1300			; 0 - 10000
ground_bumps_angle1=08900			   ; 0 - 35999 degrees
ground_bumps_intercept1=3.0
ground_bumps_slope1=0.20
ground_bumps_magnitude2=200			 ; 0 - 10000
ground_bumps_angle2=09100			   ; 0 - 35999 degrees
ground_bumps_intercept2=1.075
ground_bumps_slope2=0.035
crash_magnitude1=10000				  ; 0 - 10000
crash_direction1=01000				  ; 0 - 35999 degrees
crash_magnitude2=10000				  ; 0 - 10000
crash_direction2=9000				   ; 0 - 35999 degrees
crash_period2=75000					 ; in microseconds
crash_duration2=2500000				 ; in microseconds

===============

Option (3) might be considered to be the BEST option, as it will just effect the particular plane whose aircarft.cfg file you alter, and therefore, each plane can be customized to act, as you desire.

You might also like to "check out" the Payware Addon "FSForce".

If you have a FF Joystick, it really adds significantly to improve how it operates with generating forces.

You can try the program for FREE in a limited geographical area, and decide if it's for you, or not, before purchasing.

PS: If you can get you Sidewinder FF2 to SELF CENTER, ( with its setup software), then it works even better, as you can put a piece of Black Tape over the "Hand Sense" hole on the back of the Handle, and then the Forces stay active the whole time.

Just be sure to be holding it when you run over bumpy ground, as it may shake erratically, without your hand there to dampen the vibrations. ( as in real life in many aircarft, especially smaller one )

With the FSforce sofware, you can REALISTRICALLY TRIM OUT the forces on the Joystick, with the Joystick defected to the required amount, and then when you release it, it will stay put (not necessarily at the Physical center).

This is how it works in a real plane ... The FSX simulation of Trim, is a FUDGE... it trims the plane with the Joystick at its Mechanical (spring loaded center), by altering the effective lenth of the Coupling between the Yopustick and the control surface,

FS-Force simulates trimming CORRECTLY.

Disclosure: I have no financial interest in FSForce -- I just use it, and find it greatly enhanses EVERY FSX aircraft I fly with my MS Sidewinder FF2 joystick ( Old -- but still one of the best - The fact that its still working, without it's Pots getting noisy, is credit enough to it !)

About time someone came out with an "AFFORDABLE", decent FF YOKE !!

Quick question for "Real world" 737 Pilots ..

How much Surface generated Vibration, do you actually FEEL, through the Yoke, when taxiing, and hitting "bumps and center line lights" on the taxiway/ runway ??

About time someone came out with an "AFFORDABLE", decent FF YOKE !!

I'll say. Been waiting YEARS for one.

Wonder if I can at least get a decent, cheap-ish force stick these days, I am getting back into the small planes game lately. Blame it on me finally trying FTX...

I'll say. Been waiting YEARS for one.

Wonder if I can at least get a decent, cheap-ish force stick these days, I am getting back into the small planes game lately. Blame it on me finally trying FTX...

Cost of a FF Joystich has dropped significantly since the time FSX was released.

Basic ones are quite inexpensive.

Fancy, OTT ones, with masses of extra buttons and Hat-Switches are "silly prices" !!

But plenty to choose from....

Thanks Ryan. And btw I did read the intro manual and make that .cfg correction. Apparently somewhere between doing that and running my .cfg through venetubo.com it was changed back. No need for an ignorant reply. And to the rest of you thanks for your assistance. Unchecking the ground forces in the FSX menu solved the problem. Still not sure why it only did it with the NGX and not the MD-11.

Ian,

In response to your first question - Press CTRL-SHIFT - Q (from memory) to raise the view without zooming out. Ctrl - Q or SHIFT - Q to lower it again. You can edit the panel.cfg somewhere in the VIEWS section but I cannot remember what! Do a search - it has been raised before but don't search using the site search - use Google instead - far better.

Gerry

Quick question for "Real world" 737 Pilots ..

How much Surface generated Vibration, do you actually FEEL, through the Yoke, when taxiing, and hitting "bumps and center line lights" on the taxiway/ runway ??

In the real one the bumps just shake the entire aircraft, and the yoke vibrate at the same manner of the aircraft. Surfaces are supposed to be balanced and free of vibration.

Regards

Andrea Daviero