Sign in to follow this  
N3277T Charles

How to Install two Reality XP GNS 430 GPS

I am planning on getting this plane. I would like to install two of the Reality XP 430 GNS units in the panel.

Is this possible to do with this plane?

Can I use the Carenado "Reality XP integration with 3D Gauges"application to install the units or is it better to install the files manually?

Has anyone done this and how is it working? Can you popup the units together or separately?

Thanks very much for your response.

chas

I have two 430s installed in the A36. But for this to work, you really need to have the RXP

Unlimited pack, or you are just going to have two copies of the same 430 in the panel.

Personally, I prefer the Baron over the A36. I guess I am not a big fan of the Aspen avionics..

I believe I installed mine by hand, and pop them up together, but you can have separate popups

if you prefer.

If you need help with this, send me a PM.

Bert

Hi Bert and thanks for your reply. I have both the GNS 430XP and GNS 530XP. I have not yet managed the $100 Unlimited pack.

I installed one of each, in the Cessna 210. They worked pretty good but you have to install the Flight Plan in both units. I would like to install two of the

GNS 430XP units in the A36 in a similar fashion to the C210.

Lately, I am having a little problem in the 210...........I am only getting a popup of the GNS530XP. The GNS430XP will not popup and will not take commands by clicking on the unit in the panel.. The 530 will popup very well so that is the one I am using right now. I think this could be solved but I am not real sure how.

I would really like to have separate popups if that is possible. If you could help me with the A36, I could probably apply that to the Cessna 210 in a similar fashion since I understand that you do not own the Cessna T210.

I read somewhere that it may be better to install them manually rather than use the "Reality XP integration with 3D Gauges"application". But, I am not sure how valid that comment is...........maybe you know for sure.

Also I am not sure how to send a PM.

Would greatly appreciate any help you could offer.

Thanks much,

chas

Not really sure I can help with the 210, since I do not have it installed.

Couple of things to try...

1. Check the panel.cfg file (make a backup copy first!) and find the two windows

that have the gns430 and gsn 530 in it. Diisable (by adding // in front of the line)

any "Toggle gauges" in those windows. Just one GNS gauge in each window, that is it.

2. Write down the ident=nnn number for each of these two windows

3. Open up the rxpgns.ini file for this airplane. There should just be one, in the aircraft folder,

none in the panel folder. Look for the [GNS430} and 530 sections and check the popup=nnn

lines. They should match the numbers you wrote down earlier, if not, change them and save the file.

4. Reload the airplane. If you cannot popup one of the gauges, use shift-n to pop it up.

Click on it, to pop it back. If this does not work, retrace the earlier instructions.

5. If you can pop it back, but still not up, examine the Vcockpit sections that contain the GNS gauge.

Comment out any "Toggle gauges" you find there and save. Also disable "Instrument reflections"

in the Carenado control panel, if they exist for this airplane.

6. Report back to this forum!

Bert

Hi Bert,

Many thanks to you. Your comments have helped me to understand a little more of the logic behind these panel designs. In the Cessna T210 I now have two separate GPS units installed in the panel. One GNS530XP and one GNS430XP. They work independlly of each other. If you enter the same flight plan in both of the units. You can monitor two different screens as you fly which is helpful. I hope I can do the same for the A36 Bonanza which can have two GNS430XP units installed in the panel. I am going to work on that next.

And now I can popup each unit separately by clicking on the respective GPS screen and you can resize them as needed.

I had to add a separate window for each unit in the panel file. GPS1 and GPS2 ie....the 530 and the 430.

I had to make sure the pop up ident number matched the one in the RXPGNS.INI file. Plus I slashed out with

//// back slashes on the toggle lines that are not needed.

Now I will work on some of the other problems in my other planes. I have about five different Carenado planes I am working on. It helped me alot to take each plane and write down how the were behaving. Then I can address each plane.

Can you please tell me the logic of the dimensions used in the panel file for sizes of the unit....as in height, length, width, etc. I have been experimenting but not sure what is what.

Thanks so much for all of your help.

cheers,

Charles

Hey Charles,

Sounds like you are getting it all figured out!

Two things:

All the info you could ever want can be found in the MS FSX SDK, either on your computer

or here

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc526956.aspx

Secondly, two 430s do not behave the same way as a 430 and a 530 which are independent.

Two 430s are two copies of the same gauge - unless you purchase the Unlimited pack.

Lastly, the coordinates in the panel.cfg file are X,Y,Width,Height - with X,Y being the coordinates

of the upper left corner of the gauge, and X running from left to right, and Y running from top to bottom.

Bert

Hi Bert,

I have been trying to install two GNS430 XP's in the A36. I just reached the same conclusion that you have been trying to tell me. (It finally sunk in).

You only get two of the same unit even if I can install both the 530 and 430 in the Cessna 210. I think I will just try and install one GNS530XP in the Bonanza A36. I think I prefer the 530 over the 430. Did you try the 530XP in the Bonanza A36?

I know there are some planes...............ie the Duke which I know I will eventually get , that have two of the same units installed in its panel. Does only one work unless you buy the unlimited pack? Sounds like you have purchased the unlimited pack and the duke. I guess I may have to do that also............it just seems like a lot of money. My conclusion is that if you want two GPS XP units in the Duke you would have to go with the "Unlimited" also.

I am not sure if there are any other planes that have both GNS430 and GNS530 installed in the panel similar to the Cessna 210, do you know of any? I have a nice plane I got a few years ago from AOPA, a Cessna Cardinal 177, it has four GPS's installed in the panel. I think I may have a look at installing a 530 and a 430 in that plane. There should be room in the panel.

Thanks for the info on the dimensions and I will look into FSX SDK. I copied it off the disk the other day but I have not yet looked into it.

chas

The Turbine Duke will take a 530+430, so that should work for you.

In the A36, just install one 430 and keep one Carenado 430, like so:

//--------------------------------------------------------

[Vcockpit03]

Background_color=0,0,0

size_mm=512,512

visible=0

pixel_size=1024,1024

texture=$Panel_bon_4_N

gauge00=rxpGNS!GNS430, 157,59,353,179

gauge01=CarenadoG430_3D_A36!GNS430_nc2, 172,248,337,179

gauge02=BA36!gem, 8,354,154,154

Bert

Hi Bert !
i have problem with P46t Malibu .. i don't know how to fix the reality Xp GNS530 and 430 on 3D panel ..it does not work with me only on 2D and for the 3D default GNS530/430 still the same any help please and thanks in advance :)
can you explain to me the full procedure :)