Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

lowrunner

monitor angle placement

hi guys im new and first time building a cockpit . right now im trying to design my cockpit number of screens ect. im thinking of 6 monitors. 2 - 30"led tvs in front and 22"led tvs or comp. monitors for the rest (scenery views) ok now the question is the 2 front screens i was thinking on having them on a angle like in real cockpits but where i sit (pilot)is it possable to adjust the scenery so the right front screen shows what the true angle view would be or would the screens have to be straight accross the front, am i making any sense guys hope so! im trying to figure my dimensions on my dash and how im going to place my screens. i was planning on using wideview, i do have the updated fscuip, flying with 737 ifly and or pmdg.thanks for any input or sugjestions. any help would be much appreciated. thank you

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Using a mixture of wideview and playing with the aircraft .cfg you should be able to angle the views anyway you wish.I would think that you could also have 2x large screen tv's rest against the windscreen of the aircraft(as if it was the windscreen itself) and modify the viewing angles to your liking,the advantage being that the tv bezels will be less visible if the tv screen is against the windscreen and the less you see of the room you are in then the more immersed you become.I use a projector for the fwd view and a 37" led tv for the left side view(no right side window view yet) with the screen angled to follow the angle of the side window and it blends well with the projector,but it does take a lot of trial and error setting up the angles within wideview and the a/c.cfg.The extra view is really worth it though as the effects on your senses are very strong and can cause some motion sickness to some people.

regards JIm