Sign in to follow this  
SpiritFlyer

Pictures of our FS9/FSX/XP-10 Computers and Cockpits

We talk a lot about what equipment we fly with, so perhaps it is a good idea to have a thread for sharing pictures of our flight simulation computers and/or cockpit layout and equipment. Of course what each of us have is a moving target since we tend to occasionally upgrade and change computers or components, so maybe posting updates from time to time would also be helpful.

I hope you think this thread is a good idea too.

Kind regards,

Your setup is beautiful, amazing really. Anyway I don't have time right now to open it up so have a look at this decal :biggrin: Sorry about the qualityDSC03428.jpgDSC03427-1.jpg

Guest chris493

Sick systems guys. I'm away on a business trip for the next month or two, so I can't get pics, but will upload some when i get home. Luckyman pls pls pls open yours up.

Sure, why not. I've got a card reader and fan controller coming in next week, so I'll post pictures once they're put in.Stephen - I think I just drooled on my desk. Very nice!luckyman - Nice case, but let's see the insides!

Yea since you guys asked so nicely lol anyway sorry again for quality I cant use the flash.DSC03431.jpg

Guest chris493

Nice. The red LED fans up top add a nice touch to the whole package.

Okay, my pictures are attached showing a more modest setup (no fancy lights). In fact, there is no sense in looking at the interior. I have to admit that I enhanced the setup a little by wiping the dust off the yoke. It appears that I need to do the same to the rest of the room, including the computer case.

Art

Nice. The red LED fans up top add a nice touch to the whole package.
Thanks, Just waiting for my Noctua nh-d14 yay! 4Ghz here I come

We talk a lot about what equipment we fly with, so perhaps it is a good idea to have a thread for sharing pictures of our FSX computers and/or equipment. Of course what each of us have is a moving target since we tend to occasionally upgrade and change computers or components, so maybe posting updates from time to time would also be helpful.Well, here goes: Yesterday I upgraded my PSU from 700w to 850w so had an opportunity to dust and detail the inside while rewiring. Therefore, here is my FSX machine and controls as of October 1, 2010. I hope you think this thread is a good idea too.
Nice rig, Stephen.What size is that Dynex and how are you connecting it to your video card? - Are you using the HDMI connection or somehting else?Your sig says 40LCD - I'm assuming that it's an HDTV - Thanx,Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

Hahah, this is like the exact same topic over at the orbx forums - I think you even started that one lolAnyway here's the same pic I posted over there. Just replace the small 15in LCD with a 20in Dell and it's exactly the same. I also use Track IR 5 not pictured.An aging system but it works fine as long as I stay away from big cities and PNW (which I have).IMG_2755_sm-1.jpg

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

DSC03428.jpg
Nice agressive looking machine Luckyman. The red fans really set it off. I like lights!Kind regards,
Sure, why not. I've got a card reader and fan controller coming in next week, so I'll post pictures once they're put in.Stephen - I think I just drooled on my desk. Very nice!luckyman - Nice case, but let's see the insides!
Really looking forward to seeing it!Kind regards,
IMG_2755_sm-1.jpg
Good to see you again Ryan. Setup looks good. What is that map (or chart) program on the monitor?Kind regards,
Okay, my pictures are attached showing a more modest setup (no fancy lights). In fact, there is no sense in looking at the interior. I have to admit that I enhanced the setup a little by wiping the dust off the yoke. It appears that I need to do the same to the rest of the room, including the computer case.
Hi Art,My computer was pretty dusty too until I cleaned it up. :P Kind of surprising how much stuff gets in there. Good setup. What kind of yoke is that?Kind regards,
Sick systems guys. I'm away on a business trip for the next month or two, so I can't get pics, but will upload some when i get home. Luckyman pls pls pls open yours up.
Looking forward to seeing your setup Chris. According to your signature it should be amazing!Kind regards,

Nice rig, Stephen.What size is that Dynex and how are you connecting it to your video card? - Are you using the HDMI connection or somehting else?Your sig says 40LCD - I'm assuming that it's an HDTV - Thanx,Vic
Vic,The large Monitor is an LCD HDTV at 1920 x 1080 resolution. With very high 16 AA the screen has an excellent picture so gameplay is overwhelming because of the size of the screen. The connector is a simple cable like this one:Connector CableKind regards,

Nice thread, Stephen :biggrin: Below are some pictures of my pc. As you can see I'm not a big fan of fancy gaming cases :wink: The cabling could have been better, but the cooling is still effective. There are 6 S-ATA disks mounted.pc1jx.th.jpgpc2p.th.jpgpc3xw.th.jpgpc4p.th.jpgpc5m.th.jpgpc6t.th.jpg

Good to see you again Ryan. Setup looks good. What is that map (or chart) program on the monitor?
That is www.skyvector.com - works for all USA enroute and vfr sectional charts - some parts of Canada too.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Vic,The large Monitor is an LCD HDTV at 1920 x 1080 resolution. With very high 16 AA the screen has an excellent picture so gameplay is overwhelming because of the size of the screen. The connector is a simple cable like this one:Connector CableKind regards,
Thanx Stephen - I currently have a 28 and a 22 but I've been toying with the idea of a 40ish HDTV for as monitor.IS there any reason why you went to HDMI->DVI cable as opposed to HDMI->HDMI? I know the gtx480 has an hdmi output. Does/would it make any difference?Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors