Sign in to follow this  
SpiritFlyer

Pictures of our FS9/FSX/XP-10 Computers and Cockpits

I get such a kick seeing others cockpits. Gee, and I thought I was the only one using spare pieces of lumber, C-clamps and the like holding my simpit together, ha! And let's not talk about my creative wiring. That's it... I can't take it any longer. My new cockpit is being delivered by truck on Monday. Finally I won't have to worry where to put my empty beer cans and that ashtray stuffed with cigarette butts (and I don't even smoke!). We're gonna have a mean-lean-clean simming machine. Funny, I see lot's of pilots with their "co-pilots" sitting on their laps, ha. It's all good,Clutch

Intel i9-12900KF, Asus Prime Z690-A MB, 64GB DDR5 6000 RAM, (3) SK hynix M.2 SSD (2TB ea.), 16TB Seagate HDD, EVGA GeForce 3080 Ti, Corsair iCUE H70i AIO Liquid Cooler, UHD/Blu-ray Player/Burner (still have lots of CDs, DVDs!)  Windows 10, (hold off for now on Win11),  EVGA 1300W PSU
Netgear 1Gbps modem & router, (3) 27" 1440 wrap-around displays
Full array of Saitek and GoFlight hardware for the cockpit

My wife sometimes sits on my lap :Big Grin:

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

I get such a kick seeing others cockpits. Gee, and I thought I was the only one using spare pieces of lumber, C-clamps and the like holding my simpit together, ha! And let's not talk about my creative wiring. That's it... I can't take it any longer. My new cockpit is being delivered by truck on Monday. Finally I won't have to worry where to put my empty beer cans and that ashtray stuffed with cigarette butts (and I don't even smoke!). We're gonna have a mean-lean-clean simming machine. Funny, I see lot's of pilots with their "co-pilots" sitting on their laps, ha. It's all good,Clutch
I have to use those clamps because I that 'custom fabricated controller shelf' needs to be removed when I'm not using that work space. What is also a kick is that I came with that setup completely on my own, but I've seen in a simular thread at a different sim site someone who came up with literally the exact same design plywood shelf with the same model of clamps (only that person definately had a precision table saw whereas I only had a skill-saw at my disposal). I also 'fly' IL-2 with a bunch of guys online, and a few also have 'feline copilots' which more than once have caused unexpected system failures (myself included). Have fun with the new simpit; I'll be there too (hopefully) once I get my kids out of the house.

Rod O.

i7 10700k @5.0 HT on|Asus Maximus XII Hero|G.Skill 2x16GB DDR4 4000 cas 16|evga RTX 3080 Ti FTW3 Ultra|Noctua NH-D15S|Thermaltake GF1 850W PSU|WD Black SN750 M.2 1TB SSD (x2)|Plextor M9Pe .5TB NVMe PCIe x4 SSD (MSFS dedicated)IFractal Design Focus G Case

Win 10 Pro 64|HP Reverb G2 revised VR HMD|Asus 25" IPS 2K 60Hz monitor|Saitek X52 Pro & Peddles|TIR 5 (now retired)

^^^Cool looking shot of the triple monitor setup above! Flying squirrel is my copilot...CIMG1404.JPG

Corey Meeks

Flight Simulator - FS2020 | CPU - AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | Video Card - Sapphire RX 5700 XT Main Board - ASUS ROG Strix X570-I mini-ITX | RAM - G.SKILL Trident Z Neo 2x16Gb DDR4 3600Mhz CL16 | Monitor - DELL 38" U3818DW (3840x1600) | Case - Cooler Master NR200 | CPU Cooling - Noctua NH-U12A | Power Supply - Corsair SF750 | 6x Phanteks T30 120x30mm Fans

Download: FSXMark11 Benchmark and post results here

Toooo funny :biggrin: Hey Ramirin, your cockpit looks mighty sweet... same as I'm planning. What monitors are those (starting my research)? They seem to have pretty thin bezels. (specs?). Are you using Eyefinity? TH2G? Nvidia? thx. (oh, and you always gotta have the coffee mug nearby).

Intel i9-12900KF, Asus Prime Z690-A MB, 64GB DDR5 6000 RAM, (3) SK hynix M.2 SSD (2TB ea.), 16TB Seagate HDD, EVGA GeForce 3080 Ti, Corsair iCUE H70i AIO Liquid Cooler, UHD/Blu-ray Player/Burner (still have lots of CDs, DVDs!)  Windows 10, (hold off for now on Win11),  EVGA 1300W PSU
Netgear 1Gbps modem & router, (3) 27" 1440 wrap-around displays
Full array of Saitek and GoFlight hardware for the cockpit

Toooo funny :biggrin: Hey Ramirin, your cockpit looks mighty sweet... same as I'm planning. What monitors are those (starting my research)? They seem to have pretty thin bezels. (specs?). Are you using Eyefinity? TH2G? Nvidia? thx. (oh, and you always gotta have the coffee mug nearby).
Hehe!Coffee keeps you awake!The monitors are P2310H from Dell. They run at 1920x1080 each and yes, I am using Eyefinity with a HD 6970 card.

Being a family man has its limitations, the specs are in my sig:Here is my "sim pit" setup in action. The the throttle can't be seen under my left hand and pedals are on the floor, obviously. Caught live with my mascot during some IL-2 combat:simpit.jpg
Cool cat there FamilyMan!!!Here's my computer-room with my sim-setup, no cat unfortunately :Cry:

^^^Cool looking shot of the triple monitor setup above! Flying squirrel is my copilot...CIMG1404.JPG
LOL.gif ...

Intel i9 13900KS - MSI MEG Z790 ACE Gaming - MSI RTX 4090 Suprim X - Corsair 32GB DDR5 7200MHz Dominator Platinum RGB - Samsung 1TB + 3x 2TB 980 Pro M.2 SSD Raid 0 - LG 4K 55" OLED C1 - EVGA SuperNOVA 1600 T2 PSU - Virpil Constellation Alpha L & R Grips + MongoosT-50CM2 Grip + MongoosT-50CM2 Base + MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle + Control Panel #2 + Ace Collection Pedals - Honeycomb Alpha XPC + Bravo - Stream Deck XL + PLUS - Corsair K100 OPX RGB Platinum + Nightsword RGB + MM800 RGB Polaris + 7000D Airflow Black Case - Tobii Eye Tracker 5 using OpenTrack - Wharfedale Evo 4.2 Speakers - SVS SB-2000 Pro Subwoofer - Bluesound POWERNODE - Herman Miller Embody Chair Black - ButtKicker Gamer PRO

I love it when you guys post pics of your rigs. I am sooooo impressed.img20101002161824.jpgI'll post one of the tower as soon as I find it.Bob
How are you landings with the 6 pack of Buds?

Paul Gugliotta

Hi everyone,I have been enjoying this thread for some time, and now I've decided to upload some of my own pics. Enjoy....PS: Specs are in sig. Please pardon the cable mess, its a work in progress...:blush::wink: My real world flight bag (not for FS):My desktop background for anyone who wants to use it. Admit it...It looks sick! :P (Click on it first to make it full size, then right click>"Save Picture As")Happy Flying!

I admit it. I'm using that wallpaper now. Thanks.Do you know where you found it? I'd like to find a good Boeing wallpaper.I've been working on my build yesterday and today. Will get pics up later when I get home from work.

Chuck Biggins

I admit it. I'm using that wallpaper now. Thanks.Do you know where you found it? I'd like to find a good Boeing wallpaper.I've been working on my build yesterday and today. Will get pics up later when I get home from work.
lol ... Sorry, I don't remember. I remember that I was looking for a Boeing wallpaper too at the time, but the setting and other elements of this picture were just too great to pass up. If I recall correctly, when I was looking for wallpapers, there wasn't much in the way of commercial, it was all fighter jets. That's just not my cup of tea. This photo however is quite neat. It's not a Boeing, but I overlook that detail. In fact I love the look of it on my desktop so much, that I put all of my folders and shortcuts that used to be on my desktop, into a folder that I called DT. So now I don't have half the screen covered in icons, I just have one single folder. To further this point, I've turned off screensaver and powersaving on my monitor, and I view my desktop as a wall picture. Creepy right? :P

Not at all! :Big Grin: Thanks for posting it, I've been looking for it in a decent size for ages! Using it now too.

Fabrizio Sassi

Damnit that background looks great.This is obviously some hardcore edit... who did it?