Sign in to follow this  
SpiritFlyer

Pictures of our FS9/FSX/XP-10 Computers and Cockpits

This is a hot topic here in the hardware forums Rodney, and one where almost everybody agrees. FSX is CPU bound, but not in a way that will take advantage of an SR-2 system.You are adding cores that FSX won't use, at the expense of raw speed, that FSX loves. So I'm afraid you'll be extremely disappointed.FSX doesn't benefit from more than 3 cores, it's much better to have a fast quad core and overclock itSame goes for multi-GPU as Ben explained
Theoretically, FSX can "use" the extra cores with the setting of an affinity mask withing FSX.CFG. Whether the FPS gain is worth the extra $$ is debatable. Edited by benorg

Pictures, pretty pictures of computers. In this thread think pictures guys, not hardware, but pictures! :Praying: Please?Kind regards, :Nerd:

Pictures, pretty pictures of computers. Think pictures guys, not hardware! :Praying:
May apologies Stephen... sometimes I get too carried away. :unsure:

Alexey, the last pic IS an edit, right? Tell me it is...

Alexey, the last pic IS an edit, right? Tell me it is...
Look at the light from the landing and taxi light. Plus the depth of field effect only achievable by editing software ( that's an easy edit, too). Edited by ZachLW

___________________________________________________________________________________

Zachary Waddell -- Caravan Driver --

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/zwaddell

Avsim ToS

Avsim Screenshot Rules

Jeesh!!,,, most people spend endless hours tweaking to get rid of blurries - you add them in!way to go, those screenshots look incredible.. Seems as you have the perfect combination!

That last one is really amazing. Is that LGAV?

Corey Meeks

Flight Simulator - FS2020 | CPU - AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | Video Card - Sapphire RX 5700 XT Main Board - ASUS ROG Strix X570-I mini-ITX | RAM - G.SKILL Trident Z Neo 2x16Gb DDR4 3600Mhz CL16 | Monitor - DELL 38" U3818DW (3840x1600) | Case - Cooler Master NR200 | CPU Cooling - Noctua NH-U12A | Power Supply - Corsair SF750 | 6x Phanteks T30 120x30mm Fans

Download: FSXMark11 Benchmark and post results here

I got pretty much the exact same specs, just 4gb less RAM and I cant seem to get that smoothly Alexey.

That last one is really amazing. Is that LGAV?
Yes. Athens :hi:
I got pretty much the exact same specs, just 4gb less RAM and I cant seem to get that smoothly Alexey.
You mean smoothly by anti-aliasing? It's not hard with good inspector settings. Edited by FCOM

Look at the light from the landing and taxi light. Plus the depth of field effect only achievable by editing software ( that's an easy edit, too).
Mmm, I know some effects were/are possible through ENB, including blur. I just thought it might be something from there... but I thought it was an edit.

Mmm, I know some effects were/are possible through ENB, including blur. I just thought it might be something from there... but I thought it was an edit.
ENB is too FPS expensive) And I didn't like it with blur, because sometimes when you panning in VC, the gauges you need with be blured. It's not intellegent enough.

I used to be able to come here and actually see "Pictures of Our Computers". Seems to me, a lot of what's been going on here lately, would be better suited in some of the other threads. How about it guys?!