Sign in to follow this  
SpiritFlyer

Pictures of our FS9/FSX/XP-10 Computers and Cockpits

Here is my setup... Pics of Word Not Allowed's throttle setup set off a nasty downward spiral and here is the result:From left to right:Android Tablet (Fun)Acer 28 inch powered by C2D e8500 @4.5 (silver case to left) (also powering monitor above main screen) (Web browsing, video editing, I-Tunes, Network Storage)Samsung 20 inch and Dell E4300 for work (No fun)Sony Bravia 32 inch powered by I5 @4.8 (black case to lower right) (too much fun) Main FS9, FSX, gaming box with 7 boot options for different sims/gamesHP 19 inch powered by IBM thinkpad (PFE/FDC/FSFK)Dell inspiron w/I5 cpu and 6 gigs memory powering ASE, the touchscreen EFB in the lower left for charts/maps and general web browsing for guests.Painted Saitek Yoke, Dual Painted/customized Saitek throttle quads with custom built mount, Saitek rudders, Go-Flight LGTII gear/flaps/trim unit and Logitech G13 for customized key commands and macros so every FS command is now a single key press.And a partridge in a pear tree....
Holy Cow! What a setup!Kind regards,

You look tanned in the photo on the car... now I see WHY! lol

Thanks Word Not Allowed! It is coming in due time ;) I want the full floor stand/yoke setup... The real money is being saved for the motorized throttle unit right now. just hoping someone does a 777 unit :)Thank you very much Stephen! It is amazing how the teenie tiny dell in the middle with the second screen allowed me to pay for everything around it!!! Guess that is what hard work does!Ha, the tan isn't from the screens Rich, it is from a love of travel and living 100 yards from the ocean :)Thanks again everyone, glad I finally got around to sharing LOL

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

loving the tilted throttle quadrant mounting. Perfect position for the levers and very accesible buttons

Thank Word Not Allowed for that one Dazz, to give credit where credit is due I stole that from him from the controllers forum ;)

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Ha, the tan isn't from the screens Rich, it is from a love of travel and living 100 yards from the ocean :)
OK man:1) you've got money obviously2) you've got a dreamsetup3) you got an aweseme bike4) you got a house 100 yards from the ocean...... and you are SINGLE??Man, what's the catch??I would think women would be dancing in your lap. For free.

OK man:1) you've got money obviously2) you've got a dreamsetup3) you got an aweseme bike4) you got a house 100 yards from the ocean...... and you are SINGLE??Man, what's the catch??I would think women would be dancing in your lap. For free.
Ah yes, but just because they dance in my lap doesn't mean I have to date them or marry them :)Not to mention, no woman wants to put up with all the work, toys and travel coming first :LMAO:But in all seriousness, I was engaged 2x, first girl was a gem and I broke it off when I got seriously injured despite her begging to be by my side. Second one walked out on me in the middle of the night 2 nights after being released from hospital for ANOTHER spinal operation when I was begging her to be there for me. (yes, Karma is a ######, I am a firm believer in what goes around comes around now!!!!) She even took the truck I just bought for her to use to leave me!! After that I was seriously scorned and don't see myself married unless there are kids involved :Talk to the Hand: That last relationship cost me a lot financially and even more emotionally but the catch is the more you play the reclusive guy that doesn't want a relationship the MORE women want to "convert" you to a relationship. I guess they like a challenge as much as we do :Party:Not to mention, between a fused spine, one hip already replaced, another hip about to be replaced, ongoing spinal issues and the pain mgmt associated with all of that it would take a very very special person to sign up for all that! Edited by psolk

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Sorry to hear about your heath issues.One the brighter side: instead of women you got that! Can't be that bad! blum.gifI heard people talking about american women... sometimes I think all european women are nice!Oh well. Let's keep this OT :Nerd:

That is the most impressive setup I have ever seen... Can I try it out? :Big Grin:

That is the most impressive setup I have ever seen... Can I try it out? :Big Grin:
Thanks Ben, far from the most impressive but I appreciate it! More than welcome to try it but I don't think there are any flights from Alpha Centauri to KEWR.... ;)

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Here is my setup... Pics of Word Not Allowed's throttle setup set off a nasty downward spiral and here is the result:
... Ooooh, an update! Does this mean you're starting to run FSX as well ;) ? Edited by ryanbatcund

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Been closet running FSX since the NGX Ryan ;) I still use 9 for my 777 long hauls but for my 737 short hauls I am in the NGX :) Now when PMDG lets us start Beta testing the 777 and if FSX ever gets a good KEWR I might never go back :)

Edited by psolk

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Here's a quick recent shot of the setup.... (hmmm do I need to take some hints from the DIY cable thread lol?)It's usually not this messy... but it works great. skyvector, adds, approach plates etc on the small monitor (secondary PC linked to mine with Synergy+ ) and my main rig of course (added the pedals in Dec)IMG_7058_edit.jpg

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |