Sign in to follow this  
SpiritFlyer

Pictures of our FS9/FSX/XP-10 Computers and Cockpits

Hey Andy, that looks a great setup my friend. I am very envious...

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

I have always been a fan of portrait mode (3716 x 1920) for my virtual cockpit, here is a picture of my revised setup using three ASUS PA248's. My processor is only a i7 950 and not overclocked, so it is the next targeted upgrade. Not sure which way to go SB, or IB, or wait on Haswell. I am out of sinc for ticks and tocks, but I always have focused on value/$ in my upgrades. The monitors I know will take me through 5+ years.

The increased resolution definitely hit the frame rate in the big cities!

Hope you enjoy the view. Thanks for the great forum!

Charles (Chuck) Nicholas

Flight Sim Hobbiest

I have always been a fan of portrait mode (3716 x 1920) for my virtual cockpit, here is a picture of my revised setup using three ASUS PA248's.

The portrait configuration is very nice. The aspect ratio is more balanced and natural: great views! 

I have always been a fan of portrait mode (3716 x 1920) for my virtual cockpit

Very neat! Looks like you get a much more lifelike representation of the cockpit due to the aspect ratio... 

Here's my current rig. Next week a new 256GB SSD arrives that'll mostly be just for FSX stuff. My 128 is already getting close to full with a few other games. One day might go to water cooling just cause I always wanted to try it.

And here's the cockpit it powers

Workspace shots will have to wait until after we have finished moving into the new house, but for now:

3ccc7712_IMG_0746.png

Regards,

Brian Doney

Workspace shots will have to wait until after we have finished moving into the new house, but for now:

3ccc7712_IMG_0746.png

Looks like a race car engine more then a computer  :smile: 

Regards;

Fritz

Looks like a race car engine more then a computer   

Yes! I initially thought the same.

My newly built rig:

paoa.jpg

8o6d.jpg

Asus Prime X370 Pro / Ryzen 7 3800X / 32 GB DDR4 3600 MHz / Gainward Ghost RTX 3060 Ti
MSFS / XP

My current desktop setup. The small monitor to the right is a second computer running Plan-G, TeamSpeak, Squawkbox, etc.

imag0090.jpg?w=520&h=439

Work progressing on cockpit build here: http://uchisworld.wordpress.com

Henry, how do you like the Saitek panel?  I'm thinking of one, mainly for XPlane, because the mouse VC interaction is poor compared to FSX.  It seems like a lot of money to shell out for a little tactile feedback.

Is it a PITA to switch the rotary knob to access nav1 and nav2, then comm1 and comm2?  Having two stacks would be nice but double the price ugh.  They need to sell that thing for around 50-75 bucks...

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |