Sign in to follow this  
OmniAtlas

FS2Crew or GSX?

I'm looking to spend some money on some addons -- what do you think makes flying with the NGX more immersive? FS2Crew or ground service X?

Soarbywire - Avionics Engineering

That is very hard to answer. Both addons are must haves. I would suggest you toss a coin, heads for GSX and tails for FS2Crew. Or both if you have the dosh.

Each one has different functions, FS2Crew adds a co pilot, whilst GSX gives you ground handling.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

FS2C gives you the 'RealWorld' immersion whilst flying the NGX and I wouldn't fly without it.

GSX, again gives you that 'eye candy' whilst on tyhje ground, again more like RW.

Personnally I wouldn't be without them both.

Put them alongside Aivalsoft's EFB and Radar contact, then I think that is the 'airline' complete package.

I always when flying 'heavy metal' use all of the above, across two monitors.

Hope that helps

Clive

Clive Joy

beta.gif

Posted Image

yeah, FS2C is in your face kinda immersion while GSX is in the background which you don't really see (except for the pushback maybe) unless you look at the plane from outside.

I have both and enjoy both but truthfully my primary role for GSX is to get pushbacks done correctly, I hardly ever do any of the other stuff unless I take screenshots.

I have both also, If you have to pick one then FS2Crew it transforms the NGX and the way you fly it.

GSX is a must have and it gives perfect push backs.

If you get both try this.

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/368715-full-flow-chart-for-button-version/

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

GSX is nice eye candy, which also adds some realism too, and I do have it, but FS2Crew is with you all the way and transforms an FS airliner into something more than what comes in the box (or download). They are both good, but if I had to pick just one to add realism, it would be FS2Crew.

Al

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Have not noticed any degrading performance. Has quite a small footprint, Cannot speak in regard to the voice version, I use the button, but it comes with a easy to follow tutorial, and support is one of the best you will receive for a fs addon. Bryan works tirelessly to ensure the product runs as advertised.

GSX support is top shelf as well. Wish all dev's followed that lead.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

I use the voice version only. I have found it much like any addon, once you learn the 'flow'; what to say when then it just becomes natural.

I have a 'flow' chart ( get one from the FS2C forum) on my second monitor and If I forget what to say then I just refer to that.

As Julian says the support from the FS2C team, is second to none.

Clive Joy

beta.gif

Posted Image

I heard fs2crew has an extremely steep learning curve? Is it CPU intensive?

I certainly wouldn't say it was a steep learning curve at all. Sure, for first timers it will take 30 minutes to setup and get your head around, then it's just a question of following precedures and flows which are laid out in the document. They can also be found elsewhere on the forum. NyxxUK (Dave) has very kindly provided the simming community with a PDF download document of all the relevent flows and procedures. BTW, IMO if I had to choose one of the two addons then it would have to be FS2Crew, a no brainer.

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

IMHO it's more immersive to fly with FS2Crew. Then I would purchase GSX, a must have addon however!

Riccardo

OS: Windows 10-64 bit, CPU: i7-7700K @4.20 GHz, GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 G1 8GB GDDR5, RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 32GB 3000MHz, MB: MSI Z270

Thanks guys & gals, will give it a try FS2Crew this weekend. I looked at some youtube videos and also their iphone/ipad app, I'm pretty impressed.

Does that 'NGX' code for 5 euro still work?

Soarbywire - Avionics Engineering

I use the voice version only. I have found it much like any addon, once you learn the 'flow'; what to say when then it just becomes natural.

I have a 'flow' chart ( get one from the FS2C forum) on my second monitor and If I forget what to say then I just refer to that.

As Julian says the support from the FS2C team, is second to none.

Thats the only thing I don't like about FS2Crew. The verbage is different (not to mention weird, eg "OK to clean up". Never heard an airline say that) which can mess you up if you ate used to saying different sequence and verbage.

Thats the only thing I don't like about FS2Crew. The verbage is different (not to mention weird, eg "OK to clean up". Never heard an airline say that) which can mess you up if you ate used to saying different sequence and verbage.

"Okay to clean up" is a very common term among all facets of aviation. GA, Airline, etc.

___________________________________________________________________________________

Zachary Waddell -- Caravan Driver --

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/zwaddell

Avsim ToS

Avsim Screenshot Rules

With all due respect I disagree. None of the airlines, charters I have ever flown for use verbatim as such. Even airlines Ihaven't flown for use this. A simple "After landing checklist" is more common. Mind you there are a lot of airlines out there but imho it just sounds very unofficial for the lack of better words.

Too bad we can't have a specific user sequence or verbage to tailor it to our own airline. If I get used to fs2crew and then jump in the real ngx I'll get smacked if I use fs2crew verbage.