Sign in to follow this  
Gerryo03

Favorite Base of Operations?

Do you have a favorite base of ops?

I like flying out of Hana. It is in a cozy corner of Maui, conveniently located to make short cargo or passenger flights to nearby islands.

I wish Flight would make missions where we could fly for money, from a base, purchase new planes to haul more passengers, etc. It would add continuity to the game.

Cheers :drinks:

I usually fly out of Kaneohe, but mainly because I worked there for many years.

I prefer the airport at Lanai. It is a nice open area with a picture perfect airport. Has a nice long runway and no huge trees at the edge of the runway. The view of the water isn't too bad either.

Hana, Kanehohe Bay here too. I try to avoid all airports on Big Island, don`t like the look and topo.

Kaneohe Bay, Hana, Bradshaw and Wheeler to name a few.

Cheers

I try to park my plane either at the hangars at Kahului or at a tie-down spot at Lihue when I'm finished playing. Good to know I'm not the only dork that imagines themselves having a home-base. :ph34r:

Whichever airport has a large amount of contraband that needs to transported is my home base at the time :biggrin:

If you like K-Bay, take a jog up to the top of Radar Hill*, the view is stupendous. I made that run starting at Hangar 104 and back more times than I care to think about.

* Which hill is Radar Hill should be apparent.

Under the arch at Bellows! Made a few passes through the arch inverted last evening! Interesting tidbit... I'm an Air Force brat, and during the early 70's my dad (a Col. at the time, flew bombers in WW2 and Korea) would check out the cabins right on the water, for the weekend. Spent many a memorable weekend there, barbecueing and swimming, often swimming around the rock to Lanikai Beach. The body surfing at Bellows is/was kind of crappy, though.

Haiku is my favourite. I love the approach between Lihue (i think?) and the mountain, over the bay and then bank left for approach. Beautiful little airstrip.