Sign in to follow this  
Pablo_P-ce

Microsoft Flight 2012 don't save change input device

Hello,

I'm a new user of MS Flight 2012. When I play offline I use my Logitech Wingman Extreme Digital 3D and everything was ok. When I create online account in Games for Windows Marketplace I must update game to wersion 1.0.1.30023. Now i must use online account to play the game (offline stop working, why?) and worst, my joystick don't work propertly. Game don't remember change input device from keyboard to joystick. When I choose joystick and apply, game immidiatelly change my choice to keyboard. When I change controls (on keboard) game save it and graphics, sound options only save. Why this change of joystick is not remember?

Sorry for my english

Hola Pablo, bienvenido a los forums de AVSIM

Joystick settings should be saved. (unless you added something the xml parser doesn't recognize.)

Yes, when you update to version 1.0.1.30023. All settings are lost and remmaped to default if you said yes to the prompt "Old settings" and you must reassign your joystick buttons.

I just read over at the beta site some users are having the same problem as you described after updating the game. So there might be a bug there.

Playing online or offline is another issue.

Once you signed to GFWL you are "required" to sign online. But there is a workaround: If you don't want to be online you can disable or disconnect your network connection while you start Flight, then you can re-enable back your network connection.

But bear in mind you must always do a "Local" login to GFWL when you start Flight in order for the game to load your Local user profile. (even if you have disabled the network connection)

Graphics and sound preferences are saved in another file, not in Standard.xml

(Si tienes problemas mándame un PM, Click en mi nombre y send message)

I don't understand why all other options are saved. Maybe a can change some conf files to change input device from keyboard to joystick?

Maybe a can change some conf files to change input device from keyboard to joystick?

What do you mean?

If you are referring to the dropdown's on “Game Controls” and “Aircraft Controls” pages then those are just sorted control selectors; so every time you open options they will default to Keyboard.

Both your keyboard and joystick are input devices, so you can just select each one and do the assignations you like.

I choose joystick in “Aircraft Controls” and apply. When again open options, in “Aircraft Controls” is keyboard set. In game joystick is working but his throttle not. When i fly some time and press some button for example F4... Throttle suddenly start working.

Every time you open options it will default to Keyboard (no way around that)

What is your Joystick brand and model?

What axis on the Joystick are you assigning the throttle?

There might be a bug, as stated on the beta site. So if you can provide Joystick brand and model I can post that info over at the beta site.

Eve better if you could upload your standard.xml file here (copy all its content to a text file and attach it here)

Every time you open options it will default to Keyboard (no way around that)

And please note it only defaults the view to showing you keyboard commands first - by clicking the drop down and selecting your joystick, it should then show you your joystick assigments you have selected, assuming they were selected and then " accept" was clicked on.

As Ramon said, if they are not saving them there might be a bug somewhere.

I have Logitech Wingman Extreme Digital 3D (USB). When i first play this game everything was ok. But when install update I have this problem even uninstall the game and install wersion before update.

file standard.xml

Ok Pablo I posted your reply over at the beta site.

Let's wait and see if they have a solution.

I also remember that the update messed up some of the control settings when migrating to the "new controls" feature. What do your available settings look like when you select your joystick?

Remember that when assigning joystick axes, Flight distinguishes between functions for joystick axes (these carry the "Axis" label) and functions that can be assigned to buttons. You can assign a joystick axis to a function that is supposed to have a button assignment, but it won't work and Flight will delete the assignment the next time your start. I learned this the hard way with the toe brakes.

flightcontrols.png