Sign in to follow this  
MMartinov

Future Boeing 777-200LR GE90 Sounds

No other jet engine in the current aviation world makes this sound. In early mornings or late night when the town is almost quiet I can hear them starting up on the airport across the city (15km+). Unreal..

Hope we'll have it in the package..

Regards,

Martin Martinov / VATSIM 1207931

That's a 77W with GE90-115B1L's. The 77L uses GE90-110B1L's. Only flown on with the 115B's and they're loud as heck on start up and vibrate throughout the cabin but the rest of the flight are surprisingly quiet!

That's a 77W with GE90-115B1L's. The 77L uses GE90-110B1L's. Only flown on with the 115B's and they're loud as heck on start up and vibrate throughout the cabin but the rest of the flight are surprisingly quiet!

The 77L uses either the GE90-110B1 or the GE90-115BL

The 77L uses either the GE90-110B1 or the GE90-115BL

Yeah sorry should of mentioned it varies with the customer.

Don't worry, the sounds will be awesome on our 777...

Probably even better than on the real 777 - I bet Boeing will be envious of PMDG's own 777!!!

where was this filmed?? I saw a little old VB B737 taxiing behind it.

Don't worry, the sounds will be awesome on our 777...

:Big Grin:

In early mornings or late night when the town is almost quiet I can hear them starting up on the airport across the city (15km+). Unreal..

You're joking!? :o

Thanks,

Kevin L

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

where was this filmed?? I saw a little old VB B737 taxiing behind it.

Auckland International airport in New Zealand. ICAO - NZAA

You're joking!? :o

Absolutely not. You can't mistake the howling of the GE90's. To be more specific - these planes are starting at Dubai Airport, I live about 15 km from there in straight line and there are not too many tall structures between my windows and the airport. Early morning the background noise of the city is no factor and you can hear those engines from very far. In a similar way I used to hear the taxing Antonov-24 prop planes on Sofia airport.

As for the GE90's - on some 777's the start up is a lot more noisy than others. I can say as I have been for couple of years almost on daily basis on many of them. Don't know the reason, perhaps it has something to do with production revisions on more recent engines...

Regards,

Martin Martinov / VATSIM 1207931

I think the GE90 is definitely one of the best sounding jet engines of all time! British Airways' -200B's (G-VII*) make an incredible sound on startup that vibrates everything in the cabin. Going on one in 3 weeks time!!

Tom Wright

Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020) | Intel Core i7 4770k @ 4.3GHz | 16GB DDR3 1600MHz RAM | GTX 1060 6GB | Samsung 860 EVO 500GB | Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Sidestick + Quadrant | Xbox Series S

No other jet engine in the current aviation world makes this sound.

The GEnx sound is a tad similar imo.

xxwAU.pngUzJYY.png