Sign in to follow this  
tom79

X-Plane10 20% off @ Aerosoft Easter Sale (only today)

Well, the title says it all. Unfortunately, the sale seems not to be valid for Aerosoft's US store.

I still don't get why they won't sell it as download software.

You mean X-Plane 10? That would be a huuuuuge download. And you need the DVD since it XP has a copy protection.

Anyway, sale is over. Could one of the mods delete this topic please?

You mean X-Plane 10? That would be a huuuuuge download. And you need the DVD since it XP has a copy protection.

Anyway, sale is over. Could one of the mods delete this topic please?

All games that come out today are above 10GB. Steam handles them just right, and a 60gb download, from a fast server would take around 1 day, nothing special actually. Also consider, you might be downloading only the sceneries you need (eg. I'd get only Europe and fly it for the first 2-3 weeks, and then maybe North America, but I'm not interested at all in say Australia or Asia). And as for copy protection, we all know that it doesn't work and never worked in stopping pirates from doing what they do. The only achievement of copy protection is giving paying users a lot of headaches.

The only achievement of copy protection is giving paying users a lot of headaches.

I know, I know. It's just a hassle for the earnest customers and it will only keep a few idiots from "borrowing" the software to a friend. But those people who seek pirated software will find it.