Sign in to follow this  
BoeingPilot

Some questions about the NGX

Hey guys,

i fly the NGX a lot and with no doubt, I love this 737.

Anyhow i´ve got a few questions about it.

First:

I´m flying the 737-900 with KLM livery. I have the Service Based Failures turned on. I wonder if i have to save the panel state after I finished my flight, and load this panel state the next time i fly.

Does anybody know if I have to do this?

Because until now, I always load a standard panel state, and I´m wondering if this doesnt mean that the time begins from zero.

Second:

When flying with winds from the right or left, and the wind is so strong that it exceeds like approx. 90 knots, the airplane is out of control. On cruise, with Vnav and Lnav activated the aircraft turns to the side and i get an "bank angle" warning. So I have to disconnect AP and fly manual. Even with CWS-Mode the airplane tends to turn violently right and left.

This happens, as already mentioned, when the wind is coming strong from the side. And when engaging FPV, the Point in the Display is not seen anymore.

This seems to be a bug for me:

If the wind is so strong that the FPV is not on screen anymore, the limits of the Autopilot are exceeded and it can´t control the plane anymore.( the FPV- Issue is not the reason but a sign when the bug begins).

I heard of the turbulence issue, but during this time, I had none.

Do my thoughts make any sense?

Best,

Jan Reineke

Hello Jan,

About the first question you made I'm not sure I have the right anwer but I try :)

I think that you don't have to save the flight any time you land and re-take it the next time you fly. Every aircraft should have a personal "logbook" to register how much time do you fly with it and calculate service-based failures but maybe I'm wrong :D

About the second question I have the same same problem!! The suggestions that came out of the forum are, for the moment, to disable turbulance and in flight strong winds. In such way this problem should be fixed. I realy hope the PMDG could do something definitive to solve this.

Regards

Lorenzo Chiovaro

Hello Jan,, I can only answer your first question. When you load the 737ngx 900 with the KLM Livery the first time and save the data in the panel, when you load this aircraft again, go to the saved panel section and click thereon and activate, the saved panel will open and the aircraft will re-initialise. Hope I am right. richard welsh.

Thankyou for the feedback.

Too bad i still don't know what to do, as you guys gave me two different answers on the first question.

Maybe there's somebody from PMDG who knows it for sure.

And I hope the second thing will be fixed as I don't want to miss winds or turbulences.

Any hints or tipps are highly appreciate,

Best, Jan Reineke

90kts? A bit too much for AP usage. Perform a manual flight.

90kts or even more are very normal on Fl360+

and the real cruise don´t disconnect their AP on cruise because of wind. So I don´t see any reason why I should. ;)

90kts? A bit too much for AP usage. Perform a manual flight.

I've never heard this before, there is no wind maximum when cruising. In most cases at high altitudes you get 90kt tailwinds headwinds or crosswinds very often. And in no instance do you fly manually.

Thankyou for the feedback.

Too bad i still don't know what to do, as you guys gave me two different answers on the first question.

Maybe there's somebody from PMDG who knows it for sure.

And I hope the second thing will be fixed as I don't want to miss winds or turbulences.

Any hints or tipps are highly appreciate,

Best, Jan Reineke

there isn't anything to fix, it's the limitations of the fsx weather engine. You can minimize the effects by making changes to your fsx.cfg file (turbulance scalar to 0.5 from 1.0) and using fsuipc.

As far as I know, maximum crosswind for an NG is around 30-40Kts, that is for manual or automatic flight, the wind limit for the AP is something like 25kts in CAT II III approaches (autopilot limit only)

Now, a cross wind of 90kts will at least change the heading of the plane, I doubt that the true cross wind component (the part of the wind still 90° from the heading) is then 90kts.

Regards

Andrea Daviero

As far as I know, maximum crosswind for an NG is around 30-40Kts, that is for manual or automatic flight, the wind limit for the AP is something like 25kts in CAT II III approaches (autopilot limit only)

Now, a cross wind of 90kts will at least change the heading of the plane, I doubt that the true cross wind component (the part of the wind still 90° from the heading) is then 90kts.

Ah well, no I see were the issue is.

We are not talking about landings or approaches, we are talking about the cruise winds!

Jan Reineke