Sign in to follow this  
betelgeuse

Triple monitors

I don't have X-Plane yet but I do run a triple mon set up in FS9.

Does anyone run triple mons with X-plane? If so, please post details.

I read the post on the Nvidia Kepler GTX680. Does anyone know if it's triple monitor outputs will work in X-Plane?

Thanks.

Supporter.png

John

I'm running three 27" with a hd6970 , works fine, just check "triple head" in the setting window where you can check trackir (seems to do something with the fov) , then tune the fov setting in rendering settings window.

I am using TH2GO right now.. I am only running a couple of old (dont laugh) 8800GTX cards in SLI.. I built a new system less that a week ago and when the NVidia 680's are a little more common i will be getting one of those.. The 680 allows you to run three screens straight off the card without having to go through an adaptor.. And since it can do this you can also have bezel correction.. XP10 works fine on three screens just remember you are running a massive res so you need a seriously powerful graphics card, especially if you like detail.. I am thinking in the next month or two the 680's will be up with demand and it wont be impossible to get one..

Happy flying..

I'm running three 27" with a hd6970 , works fine, just check "triple head" in the setting window where you can check trackir (seems to do something with the fov) , then tune the fov setting in rendering settings window.

What frames are you managing? I have 3 monitors on a 6970 and I use only the center one for xplane as three is too much of a FPS killer.

I'm running an eyefinity 3 screen setup using a 7790 and 3 23" screens. The fps hit is hard if it's cloudy, but for the most part, it's just about flyable. Seems ati cards don't like x-plane (doesn't really like fsx either! ) I'll be glad to go back to a single 32" screen run off a single nvidia 560 gtx.

Jess B

ATI cards currently have a serious issue with X-Plane that needs to be resolved.

I have 3 monitors, ATI 5870 with Triple Head 2 Go, poor frame rates. On avg, no clouds with medium settings I get 15-20 FPS.

In summary, don't expect too much unless you get maybe the Nvidia which I don't have.

Thanks or posting the link Jason. It seems that, at the moment, Ati is not a good combo for a windows machine. What really amuses me is, even though X-plane and fsx use two completely different rendering setups, it's the clouds that affect both sims. At least x-plane can be fixed to improve cloud performance whilst fsx has to be hacked to use the newer shader model. Lol. Personally though, I still prefer nvidia cards at the moment.

Best wishes,

Jess B

Sorry for delay in responding. Thanks to all above for advice and comments.

John

Supporter.png

John