Sign in to follow this  
CptSly78

Running Out Of Ram Memory

Good Morning,

I'm having this issue of FSX running good for a while and after 30 min the game freezes and a window pops up saying "System ran out of memory and game is shutting down"

I tweaked a few things in the CGF file and after these tweaks this started.

My computer can handle FSX no problem but this is a pain in the butt lol

HELP! :Nerd:

Only time I had an out of memory error was if I set my LOD radius too high. I set it to 10.5 just for fun one day and FSX ate up all my RAM and it crashed. I have 16 GB of RAM, BTW. For now, I fly with 4.5 or 6.5.

My guess is that you are not running out of RAM memory, but virtual address space.

FSX is a 32 bit application and cannot access more than 4 GB VAS.

You must have increased the VAS demand, did you possibly increase the LOD radius?

Bert

Well my problem is not going away and i turned down to LOD to 8. I noticed this after installing GEX North America,could this have something to do with it?

Ya know Sly, I have the same problem since installing GEX NA as well. Id be interested to see whst everyone sahs!

Yes i have LOD turned up to 10.5

I will turn it down

Cripes! I run 6.5 at the very max and that's usually without addons.... When I run resource hungry addons like NGX/Orbx I go to 5.5 or default 4.5. 10.5 will do it.... that's crazy-high and nothing you buy will fix it.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Default max is 4.5. Max possible with many addons is 6.5. Not a number more. That is going to drive the usage up to 3.8, while at 4 it crashes. Some addons might even push it over 4 at 6.5. So, beware.

But another thing: do not set tweaks to some numbers while not understanding what they do.

Thanks Word Not Allowed! I know you're a man that knows FSX and tweaks by the posts you write.I'm fairly new to the world of " Tweaking",so i read a lot and try to educate myself.Thanks for all the help folks.

I do notice that the lower i set LOD the worse the land looks (blurry),so do you know something i can boost to get rid of that.

LOD @ 4.5

http://i42.tinypic.com/2vl9pbl.jpg

LOD @ 10.5

http://i40.tinypic.com/o582eh.jpg

Set it to 5.5 and forget it!

Nothing you can do to make it sharp in the distance - and frankly in real life it rarely is that sharp either!

Bert

Is this the LOD in the fsx config file were talking about? Need to check mine. ;/ Does the auto tweaking tool do this as well?

Nothing you can do to make it sharp in the distance - and frankly in real life it rarely is that sharp either!

Oh yes you can - actually, you can cheat ^_^ Set zoom in all views to 60%. Going to be way sharper than on 100%.