Sign in to follow this  
towerdude

More Planes and Scenery?

hey folks,

I was just wondering if there is any downloadable scenery and planes for FLIGHT?

Everything is done via Microsoft's DLC. No third party downloadable content is available yet.

Right now you can buy the Maule and the Adventure pack which contains the other Hawaiin islands and the RV6. Steam offers them cheaper right now.

will there be any downloadable content at all?

Only what MS develops and offers - so far Alaska has been announced as the next DLC scenery area.

No offical date has been announced for it yet.

can i download addons on the download version?

Not quite sure I understand. All of Flight is what I would consider a download version.

Here is the pecking order currently:

The Flight program itself, which is a free download, consisting of the main island of Hawaii only - along with the Icon and the Steaman as far as planes. If i recall correctly I think.

Then, there is the Hawaii Adventure Pack - the first DLC ( down load content) offered, which is a purchase. This also comes with the RV6.

Also at the same time, they offered the Maule DLC aircraft for purchase, along with the P51 ( exterior model only) aircraft for purchase.

About a month after the release of the above, they also offered the Zero ( exterior model only) aircraft for purchase.

That brings us to today - the above is everything available for MS Flight. These come directly from MS, and other than the original program itself, you have to purchase this DLC being offered, if you want it. You can download a free preview of the planes offered for purchase, you will see them in your hangar, but can not fly them. Also if you have the preview, they will show up appropriately in multiplayer if someone else has them.

Now, who knows what the next DLC Microsoft will offer. We do know they have announced Alaska to be the next scenery area, but do not know a date or how much it will cost. The general presumption is, when they release Alaska it will probably also included another aircraft as well. Or they might release another aircraft as DLC that can be purchased even before Alaska is released.

Hope this helps to clarify,