Sign in to follow this  
Tripple7

KLM 804 I have your request

Hello,

10 Nm before the next step climb in the progress page I ask the controller for a clearance from FL350 to FL370.

He answered me "KLM 804 I have your request"

In the meantime there is a handover to a new controller who does not give me a new clearance to this new flightlevel and I have to ask again and then finally it is granted.

Why do I have to ask again while the old controller already said that he had my request?

Thanks Nico

the first reply, is essentially the controller denying your request. the second time you ask, it's automatically granted. that 100% approval was put in there, to guarantee that you always get what you want, in the end.

jd

Let me ask a follow on question here, hope you don't mind Tripple7. If I receive the (and I often do) "I have your request" answer, will the controller at some point OK my climb request?? Even if I have been handed off in the meantime?? I have always simply badgered the controller (that second request function) until I get what I want but would like to know. And too, if I receive the "I will be unable to honor your request due to traffic", do I need to make the second request or will the requested altitude change be granted at some point even if I don't ask again?? Thanks guys.

I don't think you will woodhick.You have to keep asking and as explained by JD you will always be granted it.

I raised this many months ago in this forum as in the real world you always get a reason and the controller will tell you what to expect and when to expect it e.g. "after waypoint XXXX" or "with the next sector" or "sorry,no can do at all".and so on.In other words the controller knows what you want and will do what he can without you reminding him even into another sector.

If I remember rightly JD said that this would be rectified at some future date in any revisions to RC4.

Then I'll just keep badgering the poor, overworked, controller until I get my way. Hopefully this will be improved upon someday. Perhaps version 5??